Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather
Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 10:14 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Easy Lift Harness

Curious if anyone has tried one? What are your thought's on them?

http://www.easyliftharness.com/dealers.html
Old 10-14-2012, 11:13 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangemower View Post
Curious if anyone has tried one? What are your thought's on them?

http://www.easyliftharness.com/dealers.html
Full disclosure is now required. I am not sure what your purpose is to post this thread Greg so I will let the forum know what has transpired since your first contact with me till Thursday of this week. You requested that I send you an ELH to try out.
On Thursday morning of this week I received a call from you per my request and you told me hat you had tried it on in your back yard and it felt
"strange and awkward". Now since you did not actually tell me that you had tried the ELH out on a particular job you had mentioned to me in the past, I said ok send the unit back to me on my UPS shipper account. You said you would and I believe I will see this unit returned in a few days.
Although I don't believe my sending an ELH for you to try was in vain, I believe from now on that I will allow my actual customers speak for themselfs.
These customers can be found at blog.easyliftharness.com
I wish you the best Greg.
Sincerely
Ted Scovitch
President-CEO
Easy-Lift Products International
Old 10-14-2012, 11:50 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I don't like to knock someone's product (especially without having used it) unless it is obviously a waste of time and money, but after watching the videos on the site

I just don't see much advantage in one for the average person, and I can see where it would be in the way more than not on many jobs. I can see where it might really help someone with a disability that made lifting over their head a chore. One video says "imagine not having to use a step ladder to prune trees anymore". I don't see how this appparatus would eliminate that need. It certainly doesn't make my pole pruner any longer to be able to reach from the ground
Old 10-15-2012, 08:46 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy-lift guy View Post
Full disclosure is now required. I am not sure what your purpose is to post this thread Greg so I will let the forum know what has transpired since your first contact with me till Thursday of this week. You requested that I send you an ELH to try out.
On Thursday morning of this week I received a call from you per my request and you told me that you had tried it on in your back yard and it felt
"strange and awkward". Now since you did not actually tell me that you had tried the ELH out on a particular job you had mentioned to me in the past, I said ok send the unit back to me on my UPS shipper account. You said you would and I believe I will see this unit returned in a few days.
Although I don't believe my sending an ELH for you to try was in vain, I believe from now on that I will allow my actual customers speak for themselfs.
These customers can be found at blog.easyliftharness.com
I wish you the best Greg.
Sincerely
Ted Scovitch
President-CEO
Easy-Lift Products International
First I'd like to say thanks for sending it to check out since there isn't a dealer anywhere around or a person that actually owns one near by.

The strange and awkward comment was me trying to be nice Ted. If you want me to air it out, the bottom line is, it's a cheaply made "contraption" that I felt to be WAY over priced for the actual expense to put together and sell. The main pole that bolts to the hitch hiker backpack you use was crooked due to the holes being drill at the incorrect angle resulting in the top of the "contraption" being off to the one side by 4+inches. It's a cumbersome piece to use. It's not a natural feeling by any means to have it strapped to you. I felt like a donkey with a stick tied to by head trying to get at a apple on a string. I was actually embarrassed to walk in the yard with it on. Neighbors REALLY think I'm nuts now after seeing me with this thing on. In the end, I made this thread to see if ANYONE on the LARGEST lawn and landscaping forum OWNS one or has even bothered to look into them. It's funny how you said you have thousands of happy customers but not one is on this forum.

In the end, your attitude on the phone when I DID talk to you was a huge deciding factor to get the contraption out of my garage.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:50 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
I don't like to knock someone's product (especially without having used it) unless it is obviously a waste of time and money, but after watching the videos on the site, I have to agree with you.

I just don't see much advantage in one for the average person, and I can see where it would be in the way more than not on many jobs. I can see where it might really help someone with a disability that made lifting over their head a chore. One video says "imagine not having to use a step ladder to prune trees anymore". I don't see how this apparatus would eliminate that need. It certainly doesn't make my pole pruner any longer to be able to reach from the ground
That's because he says DO NOT USE ON A LADDER. When I told him I leaned over with it on, his comment was, you are suppose to bend your knees not lean with your back. He had a counter answer for every negative comment.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:57 AM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangemower View Post
First I'd like to say thanks for sending it to check out since there isn't a dealer anywhere around or a person that actually owns one near by.

The strange and awkward comment was me trying to be nice Ted. If you want me to air it out, the bottom line is, it's a cheaply made "contraption" that I felt to be WAY over priced for the actual expense to put together and sell. The main pole that bolts to the hitch hiker backpack you use was crooked due to the holes being drill at the incorrect angle resulting in the top of the "contraption" being off to the one side by 4+inches. It's a cumbersome piece to use. It's not a natural feeling by any means to have it strapped to you. I felt like a donkey with a stick tied to by head trying to get at a apple on a string. I was actually embarrassed to walk in the yard with it on. Neighbors REALLY think I'm nuts now after seeing me with this thing on. In the end, I made this thread to see if ANYONE on the LARGEST lawn and landscaping forum OWNS one or has even bothered to look into them. It's funny how you said you have thousands of happy customers but not one is on this forum.

In the end, your attitude on the phone when I DID talk to you was a huge deciding factor to get the contraption out of my garage.
Your reply speaks volumes of yourself. In the end My customers will do more to promote and further the interest of the Easy-Lift Harness than your comments. I really do wish you the best Greg in spite of all your issues.

Since I have only been advertising on lawnsite.com for a few months I suspect like any other means of advertising repetition and frequency will carry the day in time.
easy-lift guy
Old 10-15-2012, 09:05 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy-lift guy View Post
Your reply speaks volumes of yourself. In the end My customers will do more to promote and further the interest of the Easy-Lift Harness than your comments. I really do wish you the best Greg in spite of all your issues.

Since I have only been advertising on lawnsite.com for a few months I suspect like any other means of advertising repetition and frequency will carry the day in time.
easy-lift guy
I don't have any issues.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:24 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

You may want to calm down a little there Ted. I didn't think Orangemower's post was going to be negative. But for some reason you felt the need for "full disclosure". Huh? What's up with that? By attacking him first now Orangemower has let his true feeling be known about the ELH. He was probably going to keep them to himself.

Old 10-15-2012, 09:47 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
You may want to calm down a little there Ted. I didn't think Orangemower's post was going to be negative. But for some reason you felt the need for "full disclosure". Huh? What's up with that? By attacking him first now Orangemower has let his true feeling be known about the ELH. He was probably going to keep them to himself.
You're correct Richard. I didn't start this thread to flame the product but to give MY opinion of it. Does it work, yes it does. It carries the weight of the trimmer or whatever you're using. However, it does not feel natural to use and I feel it limits what you can actually do. I guess you could say, I had to see for myself. Now that I have, I found it's not for me. Ted obviously can't take negative feedback. Don't forget to have ALL your customers sign a 20 page contract to trim the two shrubs out front!
Old 10-15-2012, 09:52 AM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
Dear Richard: Although I understand your opinion, I know that you did not hear my conversation with Greg. I am only quoting what Greg said to me. Greg tried and did not like my product for reasons he has mentioned. I believe if he had read the instruction manual a little more carefully and contacted me sooner instead of later the matter or issues could have been better resolved.
easy-lift guy
Posted via Mobile Device
Closed Thread