Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-23-2012, 12:06 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybravo8802 View Post
You know....Chuck.....Norris......You da man bro. Laying all jokes aside-If I'd known you couldn't read when I referred you to the grasshopper website, I'd just sent pictures.You da man bro.........
Not sure exactly what Chuck Norris got to do with anything in this thread.

I can read alright bro, and I don't need pictures to understand the story, which you apparently do.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:48 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
Not sure exactly what Chuck Norris got to do with anything in this thread.

I can read alright bro, and I don't need pictures to understand the story, which you apparently do.
It's actually "what Chuck Norris has to do with anything not got to do with anything." You're into martial arts, according to your profile, aren't you? A little slow on the uptake Chucky boy..........
Old 10-23-2012, 11:39 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

And this thread veers straight into the Bucklebrush.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-23-2012, 05:05 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
It's actually "what Chuck Norris has to do with anything not got to do with anything." You're into martial arts, according to your profile, aren't you? A little slow on the uptake Chucky boy..........
No genius, I got it. I just wanted to see you come on out and say it instead of implying it like a weasel. BTW, calling me Chuck(y) isn't really a put down.

So far, acting like a tool is about all you've done here. I guess that's all that's left to do when you're wrong. It's been fun rattling your chain, but Patriot is right- this thread has gotten far enough off course .
Old 10-23-2012, 06:30 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

It doesn't look like anybody is placing a order?
Old 10-23-2012, 08:25 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
No genius, I got it. I just wanted to see you come on out and say it instead of implying it like a weasel. BTW, calling me Chuck(y) isn't really a put down.

So far, acting like a tool is about all you've done here. I guess that's all that's left to do when you're wrong. It's been fun rattling your chain, but Patriot is right- this thread has gotten far enough off course .
You know, the thing I don't understand here is, you asked for proof and I found an article that specifically states that a ZTR(not a finish mower) with a rear discharge deck requires less HP than a side discharge. You are the only one I've ever heard say anything different. Everybody who comes on here has heard what I've stated, not your statement. Every dealer and mechanic this side of the Mississippi will tell you the same thing. So......you're telling me that you are right and everyone else in the industry is wrong? Don't down me for going by what everyone in the industry agrees on and even grasshoppers website states.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:51 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I tried a 72 reardis with a 27 Kohler and it was not enough and then tried a 74 Dixie side shooter with a 32 generac and it was awsome for cutting thick grass..
Old 10-23-2012, 09:13 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

didn't read through all 13 pages to see if this was posted or not...

http://www.rurallifestyledealer.com/pages/Feature-Hustler-Introduces-13-Line-Up,-Including-Raptor-Priced-at-Under-$3,000.php
Old 10-23-2012, 11:07 PM
Sponsor

I skipped by some of the threads but I don't know how the 104 got to Chuck Norris. I see a lot of talk on hp draw of the rear discharge vs the side discharge. It being the political season I'll make everybody happy and say you are all right. Horsepower draw is more than what type of deck you have. Does a 72" side discharge draw more ponies than a rear discharge, the answer is maybe. How the blades are driven, do all the blades run the same direction, how may belts, Gear box, blade tip speed, in what conditions? Many more questions still unanswered. I would suggest focusing the question on similar decks sizes made by the same vendor and driven in the same manner. If I had a new Super Z HD 60" and a new Super Z HD 60"RD the RD unit will draw less HP to operate. The difference in draw will increase as the conditions worsen.
Will the Hustler 60" side discharge draw more power than another product RD platform nobody knows for sure with out testing torque of both units at the blades. Are there RD units that drawn more HP than a side discharge, I'm sure there are.

Brian O
Old 10-23-2012, 11:11 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Yea, you certainly got me on that one...........Chuck. Now, if I can just find the men's section in this joint.
You are all that and a bag of chips
Posted via Mobile Device