Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 10-15-2012, 04:25 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I had the same problem a few months ago, kitchen was totaly clean and couldn't shake the bastards, I did the boiling water trick to all drains in house as well, i ended up taking a solo cup filled 1/4 way with balsamic vinagar, took some seran wrap and covered the opening of the cup,put an elastic band around it to keep it tight. then poked a bunch of holes in the seran wrap, This took care of them in a few days.

I made 3-4 of the cups and put em all over the kitchen. to kill em faster.
2010 Equipment/Stripe thread Here
2009 Equipment/Stripe thread Here
Hurricane blower video Here
Old 10-15-2012, 05:50 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

What goldpro said!
Old 10-15-2012, 06:04 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

If they are fruit flies, they will feed on food and stay around any moisture. A small glass of wine seems to attract and kill them as long as there is no other food source.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:00 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEGOLDPRO View Post
I had the same problem a few months ago, kitchen was totaly clean and couldn't shake the bastards, I did the boiling water trick to all drains in house as well, i ended up taking a solo cup filled 1/4 way with balsamic vinagar, took some seran wrap and covered the opening of the cup,put an elastic band around it to keep it tight. then poked a bunch of holes in the seran wrap, This took care of them in a few days.

I was going to mention a similar mix. I use apple cider vinegar - about 4 tablespoons (Braggs of course), a splash of water, and a squirt of liquid dish soap. Put it in a cup of your choice....I use a small mason jar. Put your hand over the top or sqrew on the lid......Then shake it up as foamy as you can. Reshake when the bubbles have dissapated. They fly in and can't see the bubbles. I have tried the seran wrap also, and find this way works better for me.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:08 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEGOLDPRO View Post

I thought I had Posted that Vinegar is a well know Spider Repellent and therefore I believe it might work on Drain flies. Vinegar also helps to eliminate Odors and Smoke. I keep a pan of Vinegar in my AC return to help keep my house fresh.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.