Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-17-2012, 09:18 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Another vote for iPhone the only problem I've had with them is the physicley braking due to user error ex it falling out of my pocket on the cenent driving my g3 at a lot, slamming in a car door droping it but I dident have a case but vote for iPhone. And I have a iPad and MacBooks and imac
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-17-2012, 06:03 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I have your phone.

First off, the Iphone is much more fragile, expensive to buy and the big thing for me, because it uses more of a proprietary software, there are less FREE apps than android operating system.

Case in point, because of a theft, my wife, iphone 4s, me razr max 32 gig phone
Both insurance claims......her's $170 deductable, mine 100.

She had phone contacts stored on computer, but txt and some of pictures she lost. Took her 3 hrs to restore phone to way she had.

Me, well because I use android based phone which takes advantage of google, all pics, phone contacts exct... automatically uploaded to phone . Had to tweak some settings but up and running in 45 minutes.

My razr, well I spilled a whole cup of hot coffee on it....dropped it multiple times from my shirt pocket, table top, truck other than scratches(by the way, the glass on this unit will not scratch unlike glass on iphone) still worked great.

Iphone is an easy phone to use, but I just don't like proprietary stuff and is over rated. The razr, it has been good to me and works well. Also, the cables are standard 8m mini usb unlike iphone, specially the new iphone 5 use their type of cable and tend to be more expensive.

I still remember when apple released the first phone here at the Mascone Center.....Steve Jobs had to use video to show all the capabilities of the phone because AT&T had no service in the center while Motorola had set up a booth just outside of his presentation demonstrating the first droid phone and how it was able to place calls.

Key thing though is what can you afford?

John
Old 10-17-2012, 06:29 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by garciajj612 View Post
Another 10 votes for the iPhone. 3 years ago I got the iPhone 3G then upgraded to iPhone 4, then iPhone 4S, and a few weeks ago got the iPhone 5. My wife has done the same. We each have iPads and she has the Mac air and I have the iMac. We threw away all the pc stuff we used to own. What we love about them is that our stuff never freezes.you turn them on and you get to work you don't have to wait 10 minutes for everything to load like my old stuff did.the best thing about it now is with iCloud that when i add something to either of our phones, iPads, laptop, or desktop it syncs within half a second.
I have gone through the same time line except, just up graded to 4 model, traded in my 3GS at the same time of the up grade new phone cost $25.00
The ability to now download via the iCloud is a great labor savings tool as well. It does not surprise me that over Half of all households in the US own Apple products!
easy-lift guy
Old 10-20-2012, 06:32 PM
LawnSite Member

gunna give the droid a shot. hopefully it will suit me.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-23-2012, 11:20 PM
LawnSite Member

iphone it's something so easy to use and the resale is great. I've been able to sell my used ones for the cash outlay of a new one. I tried android and I know people love them but the iphone just was more stable.

Oh and if you have an iphone download our app
Old 10-24-2012, 12:24 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptjackson View Post
iphone it's something so easy to use and the resale is great. I've been able to sell my used ones for the cash outlay of a new one. I tried android and I know people love them but the iphone just was more stable.

Oh and if you have an iphone download our app

What's the name of your app
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-24-2012, 01:13 PM
LawnSite Member

ServiceVines also I think the link in my signature will take you right to it