Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-20-2012, 09:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I would look on craigs list for a used 48" wb and start with that. The heck with the push mower.
All Echo hand helds
<- That's how I feel at the end of the day.
Old 10-20-2012, 11:18 PM
LawnSite Member

Okay will do
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-23-2012, 04:20 PM
LawnSite Member

Hey one more question im bout to buy the whole trimmer set up and i cant decide on the kombi 110r or and echo pas system i need something that will last and will take a beating for a while any suggestions
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-23-2012, 09:04 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

ALot of people on here prefer kombi.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:44 PM
LawnSite Member

Just picked up a km110r ,straight hedger,curved edger, brush cutter, straight trimmer, 6 pack oil, br430, string, all for 1060 out the door lmao i haggle as if i was trying to save my life and i said look u make all this money from pros ima young guy just starting u really wanna loose a sale lol they discount the hell out of everything i got the km110r for 289 haha brand new im Normally the quiet one but lately alot pf people will somtimes do anything to get ur business and i cut my first clients lawn and fall clean up and they loved it im having a awesome day beside the little dehydration phase i had i was so excited i woke up at 9 started at 10 forgot to eat and drink and finished at 4 with a headache dizzy nausea and i drank water and it all came right back up so now i no i need a cooler but thanks everyone for yalls suggestions on which system to buy
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-24-2012, 08:53 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

OK, so you say you want to be legit... all that I've saw has been talk of equipment. Have you filed in your city/town/state for a DBA? Have you started getting quotes on insurance? There's 10x more things about being "legit" besides just having equipment. Another thing too, please start using some type of grammar check or something. I made a C in grammar back in school, but I at least know enough to add a comma here and there to make things a little easier to read. If you want to be a pro, act like a pro.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:04 PM
LawnSite Member

Yeah i already have insurance, and i plan on doing that dba next Wednesday. Im the worst at grammer i just dont understand it about where to put everything so my bad lol,
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-25-2012, 07:27 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

congrats nismodude

what is DBA?
Old 10-25-2012, 07:34 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

DBA.... doing business as. Most places allow you to form a sole proprietorship this way. The only problem is you are still liable as an individual and owner whereas if you are a LLC, or corp you have your personal and business separated if you were to ever be sued. But there are exceptions to that too.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:46 AM
LawnSite Member

I have used allot of push mowers and the best one I have yet to use just because of its durability and its ability to last through wear and tear is the commercial toro mowers yeah they are pricy but if you buy one and take good care of it you can make it last ten years maybe even more I know cause I have done it! As far as getting customers goes just keep on it advertise, advertise, advertise, you cant get any business if nobody knows about your business. I have been in the business now trying to get on my own like yourself for about a month I have been going door to door handing out flyers put an ad on craigs list and have put up lawn signs around town and I am averaging about a call a week at this point which I am very happy with and I am sure I will be getting more with fall coming.