Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-26-2012, 04:56 PM
LawnSite Member

I tore off my roof about 10 years ago, took me over 4 hours at the dump to unload. The guy in the yard sent me home with a pallet and rim.....I was gone in 5 mins second load. Definitely will save alot of wear on yourself and time.
Old 10-26-2012, 07:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Man I'm def. gonna try that.. I blew the top chicken screen off today again it keeps tearing the screen, anyone have any quick ideas. I need to keep rolling.. To much wind.. I staple gunned it down the ran 2x4 on top of that and it still ripped the dam chicken screen.. What should I use?? Hurry need ideas...
Old 10-26-2012, 07:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have the whole entire top screened for maximum airflow but the screen isn't tuff enough to handle that monster loader what does odb use on their metal boxs for screen?
Old 10-26-2012, 07:56 PM
LawnSite Member

Alot of guys run something like this.......would have to have alot of good rubber bungees.
http://www.tractorsupply.com/jobsmar...16-ft--3000407
Old 10-26-2012, 08:35 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I always ran a mesh tarp on the top of my old set up and it worked good but that had no where near the force of your loader. My new tarp leaf box was built with the rear as the screen, this way you get air flow but the screen isn't in direct hit of the debris.

I saw you in town the other day, that loader is freaking huge. You gotta be charging a hefty hourly rate for pick ups! I was thinking today I need to up mine from 70 to 100 an hour for pick ups, my 18hp loader picks them up too fast, I've never had a pick up take longer than 30 minutes.
Old 10-26-2012, 09:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Your gonna love this one.. Seriously last house today we had a pile about 20'x12' and I was messing with my worker and said I bet you can't suck that pile up in less than 4 min.. I almost fell over I timed him he had 95% of in in 52sec lol ran back and forth like 4 times and the whole pile was gone.. I'm gonna video tape it next time.. Of coarse me ******* around I blew the screen off the top doing that..lol
Old 10-26-2012, 09:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Pile was about 3' high... We raked the last 5% of the stragglers and was gone.. I'm going down to star supply tommarow and buying sheets of heavy mesh and bolting it to the top.. That way we can go stuped fast on every pile... Oh I don't charge by the hour with this thing I charge by the job... If I had to put a rate on it I would say 125-150$ an hour.. But you can't compare me to regular loader because I'm saving about 20-30 minutes
Old 10-26-2012, 09:13 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

what if you just put the mesh on the back half of the top? Should still be plenty of air flow but you won't beat it with debris hitting it. Just a thought.

Hell with the way leaves are falling (or fell) we won't be picking up piles for too much longer.
Old 10-26-2012, 09:14 PM
LawnSite Member

I been using backpack blower to feed my loader after I get what I can by walking around with the hose....seems to feed it alot faster, less work and no clumping up. I think my next cleanup investment will be a leaf plow.
Old 10-26-2012, 09:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

We won't be doing much the next week they are calling for 6 days straight of rain... I'm bout to start charging even more when they get soaking wet stuck to the ground.. I think that's when the loader is really going to shine.. When they are wet and I'm still sucking them up fast.. I know my giant vac wasn't that fast when they are real wet...