Register free!

Old 10-19-2012, 03:46 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nealster View Post
Don't know if you have a helena dealer near you, but thay have fantastic prices on chemicals, fertilizers atc, and can help you creat a solid IPM program.

www.helenachemical.com
I did find a dealer in Columbus and I will definitely check their prices. Thanks!
Old 10-19-2012, 04:32 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RigglePLC View Post
CRQuality,
How about clarifying this. Is the price mentioned the price you are charging the customer...OR...is it the cost you are paying for your materials? To apply the minimum label rate of crabgrass control, I suspect you would need 5 bags of the 13-0-5 for the first round--maybe more--because, I am thinking it gets hot in Ohio.

A full pound of nitrogen in rounds 2, 3 and 4 could cause very rapid growth if you have a hot rainy period. What kind of grass? Is it irrigated? Do you have fungus disease in your town? Do you have grubs?

Winter annuals and perennials could be a problem late in the year, (and would persist until spring).
To clarify....the prices in the parenthises are the cost of what I will be paying for the products not what I'll be charging for each service. The final price of $1,040 is what I will be charging for all apps, all costs included.

I don't think that it gets as hot as your assuming. Except for this year was abnormally warm. I usually do a 1/2 to 3/4 a pound of N with the first two or three apps and a pound of N on the late fall app. I never had an overgrowth problem yet. It's not irrigated and mostly a blend of fescue and bluegrass.
Old 10-19-2012, 04:41 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pythium View Post
If the $80 is what you are charging them, I think you may be leaving money on the table. We charge between $135-$155 an acre depending on terrain and get a ton of work. A large operation in my area charges around the $145 acre as well. I have seen/bid against guys as low as $125/acre. Some numbers just to give you a starting point from a fellow buckeye.
The $80 is what I will be paying for the four bags. I know the prices will change, but it's like $18.50 right now. Better to be on the high end I guess.

It looks like my prices are right around yours. Anything above an acre I'm usually right around $3 per 1000 square feet. Could be a little higher or lower depending on what variable are taken into consideration. It's always good to here from another buckeye!
Old 11-01-2012, 01:00 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Location: central virgina, transition, plant hardy zone 7a, and heat index zone 7
2/3 of n in fall/ winter......all n must be released by 5/1
Primarly work with cool season turf