Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-21-2012, 11:25 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kkane97 View Post
In another thread he posted a link to a pic on facebook, which led to his company profile page, for a $10 cut, he will need all the free help possible.

LOL!!! That was a photoshop and I created that page before I went into business and haven't updated it since. Lol
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-21-2012, 11:28 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl gesner View Post
Seems like a really strange set-up to me. I find it to be the contrary as far as time spent on a property...I can never get done half as fast when working with someone else.

Sounds to me that you just poke along when you're solo and wake up when there's someone else there setting the pace for
you. I recommend getting a set of Worktunes and listening to
something like AC/DC or Metallica all day long to keep the
adrenaline flowing.
Lol! Yeah your right
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-24-2012, 08:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigPLC View Post
This is not for the Big Boys who have multiple crews, but for the independent lone wolves. Most of this year I have been working by myself, and spending a lot of time on each lawn. More time than I should have, that is for sure. Lately, I have been joining up with some other lone wolves and we have been helping each other. In most cases, we work as a crew and knock each others lawns and no money exchanges hands. I help you do one, and then you help me do one and all is even type of thing. But the amount of time to do each lawn is cut dramatically. What was taking me a hour to do by myself is done in 20-25-minutes (Cut, Edged, Trimmed, and Blown). By working together, the work is focused, where when working by yourself time isn't as much of an issue. Besides, one guy is cutting, another edging, and another is trimming at the same time, and then the guy edging grabs a blower and by the time the grass is cut, everything else is done.

We all were fussy about how the work was done, so it works out. Now I have to admit, some customers are a little confused when they see two or three landscaping rigs pull up, all with different names on them, but they are starting to get use to it. I have also been getting done so fast with my customers, that I am still able to pick up extra money working with some of the Bigger Companies who have lost some of their personnel because of college. So far this week, I have made an extra $500.

It was working with the Bigger Companies that I realized I was spending way too much time, and so when I saw another lone wolf I stopped and suggested we work together. At first he wasn't buying it, so I told him, "Hey, let me help you with this customer's lawn, No Charge!" We knock it out in about half the time it normally took him. Now we have recruited another, so now there is three of us...
That's different.