Originally Posted by StanWilhite View Post
Thank you Mick, and Merry Christmas!
My pleasure and you too!
Old 12-18-2012, 09:57 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

man, that place is awesome...congrats on the bid
Old 12-20-2012, 05:58 PM
LawnSite Member

I have been taking some pictures but they are all on the camera and the other half has the cord to it. Anyways so far we have worked 4 days on the job. I have a big field cut finally. We filled up a 13 yard dump trailer today just from the grass clippings. They wanted the field bagged so I used the Walker on it.

I cut about two trailer loads of limbs from magnolia trees out also. I still have a good bit of string trimming left to do and cleaning up where we trimmed hedges. All 4 entrance areas the hedges have been trimmed and I cut the roadside yesterday with the WB. Ran over the roadside today with the Walker.

I hope to have one more full day worth of work and then we are done with Phase I. I have been given the "Go ahead" to cut all of the grass besides the big triangle field and trim more bushes around the house.

I plan to cut the grass on the 26th. I will be renting a 60" Exmark and a 48" Gravely (only mowers they have left as the others have already been sold off for the year). Once I get the field cut and I figure out how long it will actually take, I will be offering a contract to keep it maintained. If I happen to get the contract I will purchase a 52" or 60" Exmark Lazer Z, if I like the rental unit.
Encore Premier 36" WB
Old 12-27-2012, 06:42 PM
LawnSite Member

Alright we'll we should have this job wrapped up in the next day or so. I rented a Exmark x series lazed z 60" and I got all the grass cut today, 10 hours worth. The mower cut awesome and IMO was very efficient (EFI).

I still have some shrubs to trim and about a yard of topsoil to up out. Then blow everything off. Already I have hauled off 6 dump trailer loads and put out 4 yards of topsoil (95 holes!)
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-27-2012, 06:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I would demo some other brands since you don't have any experience with other machines to compare it to.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-27-2012, 07:06 PM
LawnSite Member

Locally the only dealers I have around me is Toro, Walker, exmark, gravely, and JD. Personally I don't want a JD. Toros haven't really impressed me. I've used one of my buddies before and it was nice but nothin like the exmark I used today. Gravely I have used a few years back and liked them also. So far the Exmark has just surpassed my expectations tremendously.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-27-2012, 09:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPI_Savage25 View Post
Locally the only dealers I have around me is Toro, Walker, exmark, gravely, and JD. Personally I don't want a JD. Toros haven't really impressed me. I've used one of my buddies before and it was nice but nothin like the exmark I used today. Gravely I have used a few years back and liked them also. So far the Exmark has just surpassed my expectations tremendously.
Posted via Mobile Device
I wouldn't throw out the JD until you do a side by side comparison in wet spring 2 week growth. Your gonna get tired of constantly scraping the Exmark deck. The JD deck and Scag decks are known for being the best in that condition, and Exmark decks are the best for manicured lawns.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-30-2012, 07:40 PM
LawnSite Member

Finally done with this job!!! As soon as I get all the before and after pics I will get them uploaded. This place is awesome! It went from being completely neglected to something that looks great. Yes it does need a ton more work but from two weeks ago, to now...HUGE improvement. The neighbor stopped my brother today and said "tell your dad that the property looks fabulous!" Everyone seems very happy with the outcome of it so far. This is only the beginning though. I am hoping to get a contract with them to continue cleaning up and maintaining the property.
Posted via Mobile Device