Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-18-2012, 10:49 PM
LawnSite Member

thinking about selling my enclosed trailer

i live in NJ, thinking about selling my enclosed trailer, not in GREAT shape, needs ALOT of work this winter ... and than i think i want to buy an open trailer, i cut about 90 lawns per week, and every night when i park the trailer, i will have a tarp that fits the whole trailer and straps on and i will have a lock for each piece of equipment ... obviously in the winter i will have everything stored inside.. does anyone think this is a bad/good idea? any input would be great..also, i dont live in a bad area where it may get stolen, just wouldnt leave everything out in the open to get stolen.... thanks.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:38 PM
LawnSite Member

Even if you live in a good area, there's always that chance that your equipment may still get stolen. If it's me, I would still use the enclosed. I have a 6x12 open I'm trying to sell. I'm having a 77"x14' landscape trailer built. The high sides mainly for added security and have all the equipment inside so I can lock it down. Hope this helps.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:41 PM
LawnSite Member

i feel like the enclosed requires so much more maintenance. if the theft is the only thing to worry about, i may go with the open trailer because i leave it outside the house OR in a locked yard so i was really just wondering if people have had bad experiences with like the trailer getting ruined or something
Old 10-19-2012, 09:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Currently I am doing what you are saying with my equipment on an open trailer. Knock on wood, I have not had any problems with it. And def at times it is nicer to work out of an open trailer vs. an enclosed trailer.

On a side note though, what size trailer would you possibly be selling. If are serious about selling it, you can message me with more of the details. (sorry, do not mean to get your thread off topic)
Old 10-19-2012, 10:05 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deererunner View Post
Currently I am doing what you are saying with my equipment on an open trailer. Knock on wood, I have not had any problems with it. And def at times it is nicer to work out of an open trailer vs. an enclosed trailer.

On a side note though, what size trailer would you possibly be selling. If are serious about selling it, you can message me with more of the details. (sorry, do not mean to get your thread off topic)
will 100 percent be selling after this season, really want to go to an open trailer. are you interested in the enclosed?
Old 10-19-2012, 10:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah depending on what size it is and the details of te trailer.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-22-2012, 11:58 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarotta09 View Post
i live in NJ, thinking about selling my enclosed trailer, not in GREAT shape, needs ALOT of work this winter ... and than i think i want to buy an open trailer, i cut about 90 lawns per week, and every night when i park the trailer, i will have a tarp that fits the whole trailer and straps on and i will have a lock for each piece of equipment ... obviously in the winter i will have everything stored inside.. does anyone think this is a bad/good idea? any input would be great..also, i dont live in a bad area where it may get stolen, just wouldnt leave everything out in the open to get stolen.... thanks.
bad idea. I would Love to have a good enclosed trailer. nothign said pro like a big clean enclosed trailer with 300 bucks woth of logo painted on the side.