Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-09-2012, 05:53 PM
LawnSite Member

jungle gold

what do you guys think of it?

I was watching it today and all i got out of 15 min of it is that its worse than gold rush and looks rigged as hell. It also looks incredibly stupid, although the giant market full of cheap used parts doesnt look too bad, for ghana i guess.
Old 11-09-2012, 07:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by notaniel View Post
what do you guys think of it?

I was watching it today and all i got out of 15 min of it is that its worse than gold rush and looks rigged as hell. It also looks incredibly stupid, although the giant market full of cheap used parts doesnt look too bad, for ghana i guess.
They added to much drama into the show .. staged.
Old 11-09-2012, 07:50 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I don't know. Looks like the Africa I've been to. Seems like authority is absent. Paper doesn't mean squat and you can be killed for looking the wrong way at someone. Armed Chinese jumping claims at will. Equipment being stripped and stolen. Village toll roads. Top it off with two dumazz that don't seem to have a clue about prospecting or mining. Same old story of wasting other peoples investments when their own lives are financial disaster.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-09-2012, 10:25 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I don't mind it. I like gold rush better.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:53 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Watching it now and yeah it is drama filled but somehow feels real.
We will see what happens.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-10-2012, 07:11 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Atleast I saw the black guy greasing that excavator... Ive never seen that on gold rush...

Am I really the only one who looks for that stuff? lol

"Life is like running a motor grader. You have to look down the road and plan for whats ahead and not down at your feet!"

http://www.youtube.com/user/letsdig18

New facebook fan page
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Letsdi...3541611?v=wall

Old 11-10-2012, 09:57 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtman2007 View Post
Atleast I saw the black guy greasing that excavator... Ive never seen that on gold rush...

Am I really the only one who looks for that stuff? lol
no, i also noticed on gold rush that even though they bought all this new to them equipment they still didnt have new teeth on all the excavators,
and what did they do with all their perfectly good equipment from last year?
Old 11-10-2012, 10:24 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by notaniel View Post
no, i also noticed on gold rush that even though they bought all this new to them equipment they still didnt have new teeth on all the excavators,
and what did they do with all their perfectly good equipment from last year?
haha volvo is a big sponsor on this new season if you cant tell. Im sure they dont want any other machines show that arnt volvo. If you notice they really dont mention the dozers are cat. they just say get the D9 or D10.

If you catch it in some of the clips you can see all the old equipment in the background. but they dont show the brand names on it haha.

for example that brand new Doosan loader that dakota fred got last season is parked off on the sidelines while he brings in another volvo wheel loader. so now they have 3 loaders and one wore ass hitachi excavator with 20K hrs

"Life is like running a motor grader. You have to look down the road and plan for whats ahead and not down at your feet!"

http://www.youtube.com/user/letsdig18

New facebook fan page
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Letsdi...3541611?v=wall

Old 11-10-2012, 11:02 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtman2007 View Post
haha volvo is a big sponsor on this new season if you cant tell. Im sure they dont want any other machines show that arnt volvo. If you notice they really dont mention the dozers are cat. they just say get the D9 or D10.

If you catch it in some of the clips you can see all the old equipment in the background. but they dont show the brand names on it haha.

for example that brand new Doosan loader that dakota fred got last season is parked off on the sidelines while he brings in another volvo wheel loader. so now they have 3 loaders and one wore ass hitachi excavator with 20K hrs
you'd think fred would get a new ex to go with all his nice loaders, but that prob wouldn't add to the drama, and as for the Klondike boys, the 100 oz they found last season and were so happy with was soo little, on another show ( on nat geo) the guys with older stuff were getting a 100 a week and barely breaking even.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:51 AM
LawnSite Member

I'm still amazed people would actually invest in these fools.

Do the math-that equipment lease fees plus transport can't be cheap.. And all they want to get is $1.5mil in gold? After paying workers (let's say $50k each) plus fuel and operating costs.. There is no profit! Oh wait you have to give the ckaim owner 10 % or more..So who the hell invests? Besides maybe Volvo....I don't get it.

As for the Africa thing. I lived there.. These guys are just idiots.. Declare bankrupcy, Sell your excavator and go get a job!