Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-23-2012, 11:55 PM
LawnSite Member

Association Newsletter, N2 Publishing

Have the opportunity to adverse with a local homeowner association. The company doing the newsletter on a monthly basis is N2 publishing. Has anyone had any experiences with this company, which I believe is based out of North Carolina.

The price is hard to swallow.. $235 for a half page ad, so every month it will cost me that amount of money to reach somewhat like 330 homeowners who own very elite houses. I've advertised in a magazine before and had all sorts of interest when I first started but since the first issue, I haven't seen anything and am paying $225 per issue, at 9 issues a year.

If anyone has any past or current experiences with this publishing company I'd like to hear what you think and how you felt your ad did.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:21 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

That seems like a big commitment for such a small number of houses. What would it cost to direct mail them 4 times a year?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-24-2012, 12:25 AM
LawnSite Member

It wouldn't cost much at all.. I think it could be done for under $700... I've never done any advertising in a newsletter. I don't live in or ever have lived in a HOA before so i wonder how much these things are even looked at.. I could always go for a much cheaper ad and just hope I get seen I suppose.

There are for sure much more cost effective ways of advertising like you said with mailing them stuff. Never thought of the mailings per year, as I have done 15,0000 direct mailings this spring and seen good results.