Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 10-21-2012, 05:43 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Eddm

I will be doing EDDM this spring and I am having a hard time on what to put on it. Was thinking about something like Tired of the national fert companies over promising and under delivering? try our owner operated approach... Think this is a good Idea or make me sound like an ass.

I will be trying to add about 40 more customers next year.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Whats an eddm?

Eddie Munster?
Old 10-21-2012, 07:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

every door direct mail its a post office thing its 14.5 cents a card.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:50 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadzilla View Post
Whats an eddm?

Eddie Munster?
EDDM Every Door Direct Mail.

I had 5,000 Flier print 6 X 12 card stock for $ 300 = $0.06 each. Mailing Cost of $ 0.145 = $ 0.205 total cost each flier.

I advertised mostly Pest Control and targeted my market in Working class Neighborhoods. My response was excellent. 6 months later I am still getting calls from people who saved the Flier.

https://eddm.usps.com/eddm/customer/routeSearch.action

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:47 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I looked into this but found that many of our postal routes service good and bad neighborhoods. So I would be wasting cards.

I got the tax records from the country and made my own mailing list of neighborhoods and businesses I wanted to target. So Every card i sent went to a person i would want as a customer.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-21-2012, 09:41 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I've got a local printing company that will do 5,000 6.5 x 9, 4 color glossy cards printed both sides and mailed to desired neighborhoods of my choosing for 28.2 cents apiece. I don't have to do anything except approve final artwork and neighborhoods I wish to have covered. He also said they could be mailed all at once or trickled out at 500-1000 per week or whatever schedule I desired. He gave me a couple of samples of his work. One of them was for the Ace Hardware stores around here.

It seemed like a pretty good deal to me and I thought I might try it this spring. I've never done mailers before...
Old 10-21-2012, 11:01 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted putnam View Post
I've got a local printing company that will do 5,000 6.5 x 9, 4 color glossy cards printed both sides and mailed to desired neighborhoods of my choosing for 28.2 cents apiece. I don't have to do anything except approve final artwork and neighborhoods I wish to have covered. He also said they could be mailed all at once or trickled out at 500-1000 per week or whatever schedule I desired. He gave me a couple of samples of his work. One of them was for the Ace Hardware stores around here.

It seemed like a pretty good deal to me and I thought I might try it this spring. I've never done mailers before...
Ted

I found trickled out to be very manageable. I am Glad I didn't try mailing them all at once. Even Trickled I found myself very busy with calls and trying to do my regular route.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
EDDM Every Door Direct Mail.

I had 5,000 Flier print 6 X 12 card stock for $ 300 = $0.06 each. Mailing Cost of $ 0.145 = $ 0.205 total cost each flier.

I advertised mostly Pest Control and targeted my market in Working class Neighborhoods. My response was excellent. 6 months later I am still getting calls from people who saved the Flier.

https://eddm.usps.com/eddm/customer/routeSearch.action

Oh yeah. I looked into this as well when they started it a few years back. I don't need that kind of traffic right now but it looked good.

Your .06 per piece is about 6 times below average. Especially for such a small run.
Old 10-22-2012, 03:52 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Did it in the spring. 5k postcards and will do it again. 1 call paid for the whole mailing.
Old 10-22-2012, 05:43 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone have any thoughts on the above wording or have any wording advise.