Register free!

Old 10-22-2012, 07:45 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadzilla View Post
Oh yeah. I looked into this as well when they started it a few years back. I don't need that kind of traffic right now but it looked good.

Your .06 per piece is about 6 times below average. Especially for such a small run.
Small town and Not a lot of Printing work I am guessing.

My Printer has a Computized Press that runs different size paper and is set up by Computer from a Word File. The 6 X 12 Card stock is run 3 up from a 12 X 18. BTW both sides. While I believe this is a Expensive machine it is fast on Change over.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
Small town and Not a lot of Printing work I am guessing.

My Printer has a Computized Press that runs different size paper and is set up by Computer from a Word File. The 6 X 12 Card stock is run 3 up from a 12 X 18. BTW both sides. While I believe this is a Expensive machine it is fast on Change over.

Yeah? Teds piece at 28.5 is more likely if people try it. Did you flash them your AARP card or something? lol

Seriously, thats cheap at .06

Good job.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:06 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadzilla View Post
Yeah? Teds piece at 28.5 is more likely if people try it. Did you flash them your AARP card or something? lol

Seriously, thats cheap at .06

Good job.
Cash money no receipt and a Printer needing some quick Cash Flow

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

Old 10-22-2012, 08:09 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I might add I was Targeting Structural Pest Control and wanted to hit every Resident including individual Apt and Commercial business.

Old 10-22-2012, 10:20 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

14.5 cents of that 28.2 cents a piece was postage. The other 13.7 cents was printing and handling. Also, it can be streets of my choosing within a mail route for delivery. It drops another couple of cents at 7,500, then again at 10,000 and so forth. Like I said, it sounded like a pretty good deal to me. I agree with Ric. The trickle would be better for me. That way I'm not overwhelmed with an avalanche of calls and its less likely that everyone will get the card on a lousy weather day and throw it in the trash because it is cold and wet outside. Just a couple of things that I have considered when thinking about this.

"Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work"- Thomas Edison, businessman/inventor
Old 10-22-2012, 10:24 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I believe it sent out as first class mail so your only looking at a day or 2 mailing time. And the 1st year I did it i sent them all out at once,I learned from that to space them out. So I had them mailed so they would get them on Fri or Sat. Then sent out more the following week.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:48 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

vaacutabove, I don't think what you want to say on your card would make you sound like an ass. The truth only hurts those who know it is being said about them. It will only effect them if they are actually one of those companies. You might lead off with a jingle like, "You've tried the rest, now go with the best". Then explain that some national companies promise everything, then deliver less than average results/performance. Then, briefly explain why your company is better and willprovide superior service and results. In my opinion, there's not a thing wrong with that...

"Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work"- Thomas Edison, businessman/inventor
Old 10-23-2012, 07:58 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks ted didnt want to come across as an ass but they have been my best sales men since i started its even a joke with some of my customers.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-23-2012, 08:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted putnam View Post
vaacutabove, I don't think what you want to say on your card would make you sound like an ass. The truth only hurts those who know it is being said about them. It will only effect them if they are actually one of those companies. You might lead off with a jingle like, "You've tried the rest, now go with the best". Then explain that some national companies promise everything, then deliver less than average results/performance. Then, briefly explain why your company is better and willprovide superior service and results. In my opinion, there's not a thing wrong with that...
In my opinion there is no lawn spray company or person that has ever posted here that needs to try to attack the competition to get business.

I don't even consider the Tru Greens or Scotts as my competition.

Basically don't waste your breath telling people how much other companies suck, but spend your time and money telling them how you don't.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:20 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

You are correct. The competition doesn't need to be attacked. If you're not careful about your wording, it can backfire on you. However, some people can be persuaded to listen to your main message by being reminded of the less than acceptable results they are receiving or have received in the past. This is a subject that shouldn't be dwelled on. A thought provoking sentence should be all it takes to get their attention. Then as you said, the rest of the message should be pointing out the positives of your service and how you're "different" or "better" than others.

Free estimates, Reasonable prices, Locally owned and operated, use of only professional grade products, Free service calls within 24-48 hrs, Guaranteed results, years of experience, professional accredidations/memberships etc...