Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-22-2012, 04:25 PM
LawnSite Member

I can see the leaf loader paying off in saving me liquid gold as well. I got 2 yards worth in there as to where I probably would have had to dump inbetween jobs. Simply amazing how tight it packs em in there.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:08 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

If you get an immovable wall of leaves with your Billy Goat, you can aim your chute low and then move it up and down and punch a hole through it a lot of times and then funnel the rest of the leaves through the hole. I sometimes leave my "Goat" stationary and feed it with my backpack blower to get through fences and holes in hedge rows or to pitch them into the woods, etc. Just be sure to blow the air intake clear if it clogs up with leaves.

I've even been known to run my Goat, a backpack and a handheld blower at the same time or even two backpack blowers with or without the Goat (when nobody is looking). I was running two backpacks at the same time on my property over the weekend, my Husky 580 and a Shindaiwa EB-630...that's around 1,500 cfm!! It's a bit of a workout wearing 50 pounds of blowers though.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:34 PM
LawnSite Member

It does have some punch power for sure, everything is wet so I bet on a dry day this thing will crank. I did use it stationary today as I fired up the backpack blower with a rake in the other hand, works great on fence lines, flower beds, etc.....

Only thing I found that first using the Goat that it doesn't get every last bit as I would with a backpack on, so I been going back over an area as I clear out the majority, that way my quality is not suffering. But wow it moves stick, acorns......anything that's not bolted down.....lol

That's funny running 2 backpack's......do whatever it takes to get the job done right and efficiently.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:41 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, well I'm a little nuts, lol. Having a backpack blower on your chest actually evens out your weight distribution, kind of how carrying a bucket in each hand is easier than carrying just one. The only problem is you have to bend the blower tube back kind of hard (I take one tube off) and it can get tiring. That and you get some exhaust in your face.

You can adjust the range of the chute on your Billy Goat with the cable adjuster down near the chute you know. I have mine so that it blows down and scours pretty well when I hold it all the way down.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:44 PM
LawnSite Member

I have done 4 jobs with Goat since purchase on friday. In my eyes it has paid for half itself so far.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:15 PM
LawnSite Member

Ah very cool, I will have to try adjusting it down a tad. Do you charge extra for blowing out parking lots, usually I just clean up my mess and have never worried about what the traffic has brought in. I can see including it as an "extras" option on a couple of my contracts.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:05 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I only have one factory parking lot and I keep the whole thing blown clear and I include it in the price. I don't get as picky with the pavement as I do on my residential accounts though. Blowing parking lots is what those blowers do best. I hate using mine on lawns.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:37 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl gesner View Post
If you get an immovable wall of leaves with your Billy Goat, you can aim your chute low and then move it up and down and punch a hole through it a lot of times and then funnel the rest of the leaves through the hole. I sometimes leave my "Goat" stationary and feed it with my backpack blower to get through fences and holes in hedge rows or to pitch them into the woods, etc. Just be sure to blow the air intake clear if it clogs up with leaves.

I've even been known to run my Goat, a backpack and a handheld blower at the same time or even two backpack blowers with or without the Goat (when nobody is looking). I was running two backpacks at the same time on my property over the weekend, my Husky 580 and a Shindaiwa EB-630...that's around 1,500 cfm!! It's a bit of a workout wearing 50 pounds of blowers though.
Where's the link to the youtube video?
Old 10-23-2012, 08:44 AM
LawnSite Member

I almost bought a 580 on friday before I found that billy goat for the same price. I have a 150 and it cranks over my solo 423 which is rated at 5hp. My local dealer said he started the week out with ten and had four left.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:07 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32vld View Post
Where's the link to the youtube video?
I thought about having my son grab the camera and filming it but I knew he was too involved in online war games, lol.