Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #121  
Old 01-06-2014, 05:33 AM
GMLC's Avatar
GMLC GMLC is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 4,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gardener's crew View Post
????? Okay. Sounds like you got an excuse for her already and trying have name recognition (GIE expo) Carte blanche. I'll be waiting.......
There you go again....
Just repeating what she has posted. I was not at the expo and there is no excuse. Sounds like she is working with your dealer if she's been in contact with them.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 01-06-2014, 08:13 AM
The Gardener's crew The Gardener's crew is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Meridian,MS
Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellB View Post
You mentioned earlier that your sure the mower will be fixed that you were just posting to say she had not contacted you. With that I assume your mower is at a dealership either waiting to be fixed or getting fixed. One of my mowers was put in for warranty work around the middle of nov. I haven't heard back but I'm sure they're busy repairing machines during our off season. Is it possible the Mary will be contacted to follow up with you after your machine is returns to you? I have nothing but praise for my gravely dealership and service.
Look................I haven't said anything bad about my Gravely dealership or service either. Hell, it's like a second home to me. I am there all the time. I get the inside scoop on Gravely, their products, markups, etc. You read the thread from Mary Lyn. If I was personally going to follow up with someone because of a lemon Gravely 460 I would be emailing, calling, of directly talking to that person. Especially if he or she was like myself (not sugar coating it). Put yourself in my situation..... $12000 Gravely 460 lemon. Keep quiet, don't say anything, your case is isolated, please just go away...... I don't think so.
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 01-06-2014, 08:19 AM
The Gardener's crew The Gardener's crew is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Meridian,MS
Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
There you go again....
Just repeating what she has posted. I was not at the expo and there is no excuse. Sounds like she is working with your dealer if she's been in contact with them.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yeah but not with me like she personally promised.
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 01-06-2014, 09:59 AM
Gravely Commercial's Avatar
Gravely Commercial Gravely Commercial is offline
Sponsor
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Brillion, WI
Posts: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gardener's crew View Post
Yeah but not with me like she personally promised.
The Gardener's crew - I sent you two e-mails in December and left messages on your voice mail but didn't hear back from you.

After I didn't hear back from you I worked through our District Manager and your dealer to make sure they helped you with your mower. Our Technical Service person also worked with your dealer to make sure they had the necessary parts.

I would really like to visit with you or at least have a reply to my e-mail to make sure you are satisfied. I will try to contact you again today and hope I am able to reach you.

Thanks.

Mary Lyn
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 01-06-2014, 10:57 AM
puppypaws's Avatar
puppypaws puppypaws is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Marshville,NC 28103
Posts: 7,765
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gardener's crew View Post
Look................I haven't said anything bad about my Gravely dealership or service either. Hell, it's like a second home to me. I am there all the time. I get the inside scoop on Gravely, their products, markups, etc. You read the thread from Mary Lyn. If I was personally going to follow up with someone because of a lemon Gravely 460 I would be emailing, calling, of directly talking to that person. Especially if he or she was like myself (not sugar coating it). Put yourself in my situation..... $12000 Gravely 460 lemon. Keep quiet, don't say anything, your case is isolated, please just go away...... I don't think so.
I want to see you get your problems resolved, and I would believe Gravely to feel the same. The worst publicity a company can receive is from an unsatisfied customer, and if being smart they will resolve your problems; making you once again a happy customer, one that can advertise through word of mouth how good Gravely's customer service has treated you.

From reading this post below from Mary Lyn, it would appear there is a communication problem. Your voice messages from Mary Lyn did not disappear from your phone, the same as the email she sent did not disappear, possibly went into a spam folder, but did not disappear.

Can you please tell us your thoughts as to where her attempt to communicate with you may have failed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravely Commercial View Post
The Gardener's crew - I sent you two e-mails in December and left messages on your voice mail but didn't hear back from you.

After I didn't hear back from you I worked through our District Manager and your dealer to make sure they helped you with your mower. Our Technical Service person also worked with your dealer to make sure they had the necessary parts.

I would really like to visit with you or at least have a reply to my e-mail to make sure you are satisfied. I will try to contact you again today and hope I am able to reach you.

Thanks.

Mary Lyn
__________________
Farm Mower
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 01-06-2014, 12:28 PM
The Gardener's crew The Gardener's crew is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Meridian,MS
Posts: 69
Thank you. I just spoke to Gravely (Mary Lynn) a while ago. Yes there was a communication problem. I was just stating the facts...... I just feel like when you make a complaint people want to look through your profile and rate you....... New to lawn site, small posts, complaining so there must be another side to the story. It doesn't matter to me but if I posts the companies size and revenue then I think opinions would change quickly. I am for the little man...... I don't care how it takes you to get there (yeah Walmart , Lowes, Home Depot, or a LEGAL CHINESE PRODUCT). I have never used any of those products. I started out with a John Deere hydrostatic Stx 46inch that was given to me. Oh yeah......... The company just added an additional Gravely Pro Turn 252 (fx 730v; zt 5400 hydro pumps) to its lineup. 11 units and 3 of them are Gravelys (260z, Pro Turn 460, and Pro Turn 252) Yeah I still choose Gravely again because there products is the BEST OUT THERE in my area (only other is John Deere and Exmark)as far as product, service, and dealership support. I still will call Gravely out when they make a mistake and any other manufacture. The 460 is a great mower as I stated before (fx-921, zt 5400 hydro pumps, air ride seat, innovative deck lift/ adjuster, BIG front caster tires, and center of gravity is perfect which makes holding hills with ease) its just that for some reason I believe my machine and other with same model and serials have a major defect.
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 01-06-2014, 12:40 PM
The Gardener's crew The Gardener's crew is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Meridian,MS
Posts: 69
I know I'm going to set someone off........... but I got rid of one of my bad boy mowers and the other one will go too. Now those machines (bad boys) are a joke.
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 01-06-2014, 12:58 PM
puppypaws's Avatar
puppypaws puppypaws is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Marshville,NC 28103
Posts: 7,765
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gardener's crew View Post
Thank you. I just spoke to Gravely (Mary Lynn) a while ago. Yes there was a communication problem. I was just stating the facts...... I just feel like when you make a complaint people want to look through your profile and rate you....... New to lawn site, small posts, complaining so there must be another side to the story. It doesn't matter to me but if I posts the companies size and revenue then I think opinions would change quickly. I am for the little man...... I don't care how it takes you to get there (yeah Walmart , Lowes, Home Depot, or a LEGAL CHINESE PRODUCT). I have never used any of those products. I started out with a John Deere hydrostatic Stx 46inch that was given to me. Oh yeah......... The company just added an additional Gravely Pro Turn 252 (fx 730v; zt 5400 hydro pumps) to its lineup. 11 units and 3 of them are Gravelys (260z, Pro Turn 460, and Pro Turn 252) Yeah I still choose Gravely again because there products is the BEST OUT THERE in my area (only other is John Deere and Exmark)as far as product, service, and dealership support. I still will call Gravely out when they make a mistake and any other manufacture. The 460 is a great mower as I stated before (fx-921, zt 5400 hydro pumps, air ride seat, innovative deck lift/ adjuster, BIG front caster tires, and center of gravity is perfect which makes holding hills with ease) its just that for some reason I believe my machine and other with same model and serials have a major defect.
I personally appreciate your input, and as with myself I could care less about brand name, what I wish to see is the customer taken care of when there is a legitimate problem. I'm not the type person that believes in excuses, when someone spends thousands of dollars for a mower, I expect that mower to be trouble free while in warranty, but if not, I would expect the machine to made trouble free and the customer made happy no matter the cost incurred by the company.

I appreciate you being honest, I have seen on occasion where end users had their silence bought in an effort to keep the type information you shared from being posted on LawnSite. Public forums can be helpful in keeping these larger companies in line where customer support may be lacking, and to me this is a good thing.

Please keep us informed as to how this turns out, and if in fact you are completely satisfied, hopefully it will work out for you.

There are many times I do not believe these large manufacturers put enough emphasis on time being money lost where the end user is concerned. I personally believe if you paid hard earned money to purchase their mower, they should be responsible for all customer cost (travel time, and lost income) due to the repair of their machine. I can promise if this were the case; it would be amazing at what a company could accomplish in satisfying their customer, and in an unbelievably fast manner.

I've always found it quiet interesting that the customer's time and effort is worth nothing, whereas the manufacturer wishes to make you believe they are spending a great deal for customer satisfaction.
__________________
Farm Mower
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 01-06-2014, 03:18 PM
The Gardener's crew The Gardener's crew is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Meridian,MS
Posts: 69
Hey man thanks. I know I come across with an unorthodox style of delivery/speech, but that's me. Now for me...... I don't answer to anyone other than God. Nobody gave me anything. I earned it. I built this company with a John Deere stx 46 mower. And as of today's date this company don't owe a dime to anyone (sleep like a baby). There is no kind of intimidation from any source that can buy or shut me up. I'm going tell it like it is. Yeah I meet, get solicited from Big companies, and Players all the time. But all they trying to do is sell the company stuff. When there is a problem they don't worry as long as it is minimal because it doesn't affect their profits. And if you get someone like me (little man) who is going tell it like it is everybody looks at me as if I have done something wrong.

Just like politicians...... It don't matter its just 5% of you who will lose your healthcare. Companies don't care about the small percentages.

If there is a problem with this company, you bet it will get handled. We have screwed up before and there are times when we have done free services (even on one time cleanups) on complaints.

Only thing I expect Gravely to do is HANDLE IT and I'm sure they will but we will see............ I'll definitely keep you all posted.

I know its time to go now..... my writing format is begin to look like yours. Good day.
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 01-06-2014, 08:16 PM
GMLC's Avatar
GMLC GMLC is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 4,363
Sounds like things are getting worked out. I hope your 460 gives you many years of trouble free service here on out. It is a sweet machine.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:30 AM.

Page generated in 0.07341 seconds with 8 queries