Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-06-2014, 09:29 PM
LawnSite Member

I want to give you an update on my mower. The dealer fixed the faulty weld by adding the kit, fixing the weld and painting it. They also through in a new set of blades for the issue. As of today, the weld issue has not returned. If it does, it has been well documented. You may ask am I happy, time will tell.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-06-2014, 10:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gardener's crew View Post
I know I'm going to set someone off........... but I got rid of one of my bad boy mowers and the other one will go too. Now those machines (bad boys) are a joke.
I agree with you.

What kind of customer service did you get from the defective Bad Boy mowers vs. Gravely?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-07-2014, 02:31 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyFarmLandscaping View Post
I agree with you.

What kind of customer service did you get from the defective Bad Boy mowers vs. Gravely?
Posted via Mobile Device
Customer service????? The bad boy dealer in my area got rid of his inventory and closed down. We were interested in them because they were new to the area and had powerful (Kawasaki) engines. The unit was not defective. They are not built right........... no center of gravity, seat in the wrong position, no comfort, controls in the wrong position, poor cut quality, etc. The only thing Bad Boy mowers are good for are training purposes if you can't sell it (Crew leader can let a potential new hire ride it and see what they think of it; if they like the Bad Boy that eliminates them from the hiring process). Bad boy shouldn't even be in the commercial ztr business.

Customer service (local). My dealer is great. Not a problem. We haven't had any problems with the one Gravely 260z we had forevever until we purchased the new 460 last year. With all that said we still purchased another Gravely (252) and planning on purchasing two more units (hopefully Gravely).
Old 01-07-2014, 02:47 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred2 View Post
I want to give you an update on my mower. The dealer fixed the faulty weld by adding the kit, fixing the weld and painting it. They also through in a new set of blades for the issue. As of today, the weld issue has not returned. If it does, it has been well documented. You may ask am I happy, time will tell.
Posted via Mobile Device
Wow, one of the same major problems I have. For a minute there I thought EVERYONE FORGOT ABOUT YOU and wanted to write me off as a TROLL.
Old 03-13-2014, 08:29 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravely Commercial View Post
Sorry for the misunderstanding when we visited. I assured you that we would work with the dealer to fix your unit, and our Tech Service group has already reached out to your dealer to make that happen.

Those on Lawnsite know that Gravely stands behind our products, so I will follow up with you personally to make sure you are satisfied.

Thanks.
Mary Lyn
Gravely Weld Crack update............
Old 03-13-2014, 08:39 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gardener's crew View Post
Gravely Weld Crack update............
Did Gravely take care of you? You said you would post pics of your receipts and repair orders?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-13-2014, 08:41 PM
LawnSite Member

I would be pissed and expect a brand new machine Especially with only 50 hrs on it. Ill tell you though Ive never owned Gravely but the reason why is when I tested their stander next to a scag and a toro grandstand the Gravely was a distant third place to both me and another local business owner whos opinion I respect.
Old 03-13-2014, 08:41 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
Did Gravely take care of you? You said you would post pics of your receipts and repair orders?
Posted via Mobile Device
My laptop battery is at 7%. Please give me about 30 min to get a full charge to give you guys an update.
Old 03-13-2014, 08:43 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsyardcare View Post
I would be pissed and expect a brand new machine Especially with only 50 hrs on it. Ill tell you though Ive never owned Gravely but the reason why is when I tested their stander next to a scag and a toro grandstand the Gravely was a distant third place to both me and another local business owner whos opinion I respect.
What year Pro Stance did you demo?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-13-2014, 10:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brules View Post
PDC paint coating will be compromised as if they have a weld on kit, the paint will be ground down to weld, then touched up with spray paint. There is no way on earth to re-powder coat it without stripping it down.

One of the few drawbacks of PDC, touch ups are filled with fail.

Whats funny is people like to bag on companies like Bad Boy for robotic welding, but this is the reason why robotics is superior.....the car industry went to robots for the same reason. Humans can not be relied on to do repetitive welds perfectly every time. "Hand Made" is nice to say and all, but in this guys case, it failed, and even if the dealership fixes it, his paint job is compromised from here out. So don't always hate on the robots.
Have you been to the Bad Boy facrtory? If not I have. There is a lot of hand welding done, in fact the person giving us the tour said that the workers would rather hand weld the decks becuase they can do it faster and better.
Posted via Mobile Device