Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-17-2013, 07:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

[QUOTE=The Gardener's crew;4903861]Someone has already contacted me from Gravely. It don't make me feel any better though. Machine is not in service (downtime costing me a couple of hundred dollars a day).

Does your dealer not have a loaner for you ? Gravely guarantees you one with their GAP program.

http://www.gravely.com/en-us/more/Pages/gravely-assurance-program.aspx
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-17-2013, 08:21 PM
LawnSite Member

Yeah they have a demo. Another 460. No one is using it either. Guys your all great.......... but you sound like you work for Gravely or in their network. I've been contacted by Gravely. Their response goes something like this.... I am not aware of any issue (knowing darn well that there was someone else who posted pictures of the same machine, there is a kit for the front end, and a recall of the airbag) and let me know how it works out for you at the dealer (sounds like passing the blame on the dealer). The representative got all the info from lawn site. Bottom line..... I strongly believe that there is a series of the first Gravely 460 that were produced that have most of these same problems that Gravely knew about and going forward with the new 460's corrected it, and trying to keep in under the rug. When the front end cracked on the top and bottom they told the dealer to weld it back. It broke a week later. Then came a kit sent from Gravely to correct it. I found lawn site on accident and never would have been able to report this.
Old 11-17-2013, 08:25 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Sorry you feel that way.

I don't work for them, nor do I even run a Gravely, but I have interactions with them in the past, and they've always been top notch to deal with.
Old 11-17-2013, 09:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gardener's crew View Post
Yeah they have a demo. Another 460. No one is using it either. Guys your all great.......... but you sound like you work for Gravely or in their network. I've been contacted by Gravely. Their response goes something like this.... I am not aware of any issue (knowing darn well that there was someone else who posted pictures of the same machine, there is a kit for the front end, and a recall of the airbag) and let me know how it works out for you at the dealer (sounds like passing the blame on the dealer). The representative got all the info from lawn site. Bottom line..... I strongly believe that there is a series of the first Gravely 460 that were produced that have most of these same problems that Gravely knew about and going forward with the new 460's corrected it, and trying to keep in under the rug. When the front end cracked on the top and bottom they told the dealer to weld it back. It broke a week later. Then came a kit sent from Gravely to correct it. I found lawn site on accident and never would have been able to report this.
Well it sounds like you work for some other mower company coming on here acting like a troll.

If you are losing revenue each day because your mower is in the shop and you don't take the demo they have and run it so that you don't lose revenue than that is your own fault. That is just common sense irregardless of the outcome Gravely comes up with.

I had a Badboy outlaw that was a total POS that had multiple problems. The final straw, it stayed at the Badboy factory for a month, and you can bet your last dollar I ran the s**t out of the demo for the month mine was at the factory. The frame was cracked in 2 places and it came back with welds and paint that looked like a kid did it. I got rid of the mower as soon as I got it back. I went back to running Scag like I always have.

I recently bought a Gravely 460 from the same dealer now that he carries them because he did such a great job of trying to make up for Badboy's poor product that was a lemon just like yours. I loved the Gravely air ride seat and the cut of the deck.

Now my Gravely 460 could turn out to be a lemon just like yours but I will definitely be running the loaner to prevent downtime and lost revenue.

I smell a troll......Who do you work for Badboy, John Deere, Toro?!?
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by LibertyFarmLandscaping; 11-17-2013 at 09:16 PM.
Old 11-17-2013, 09:17 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

{quote=LibertyFarmLandscaping]I smell a troll......Who do you work for Badboy, John Deere, Toro?!?[/quote]

Hey now, no need to go there.

He seems to be big on Exmark based on earlier posts.
Old 11-17-2013, 09:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
{quote=LibertyFarmLandscaping]I smell a troll......Who do you work for Badboy, John Deere, Toro?!?

He seems to be big on Exmark based on earlier posts.[/QUOTE]

Lol, sorry about that. I forgot about the Exmark comments. He must work for Exmark......
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-17-2013, 09:32 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyFarmLandscaping View Post

He seems to be big on Exmark based on earlier posts.
Lol, sorry about that. I forgot about the Exmark comments. He must work for Exmark......
Posted via Mobile Device[/QUOTE]

I was only funnin' ya. I stick up for Deere when they deserve it, but I'll blast them when they have it comin' as well.

I do find it odd that one guy has had so much trouble with the new 400 series. So many here have bought them over the last 2 years that if this were a common problem, I'm pretty sure we'd all be hearing about it here regularly. This kind of stuff rarely goes unmentioned.
Old 11-17-2013, 09:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
I was only funnin' ya. I stick up for Deere when they deserve it, but I'll blast them when they have it comin' as well.

I do find it odd that one guy has had so much trouble with the new 400 series. So many here have bought them over the last 2 years that if this were a common problem, I'm pretty sure we'd all be hearing about it here regularly. This kind of stuff rarely goes unmentioned.[/QUOTE]

I know you were. I didn't even think about what companies I was listing. Lol. I have a 5303 tractor and MX10 shredder that have served me very well. The JD dealer here just isn't much into mowers sales and service.

It does seem odd he has had this much trouble. Maybe it was the last mower of the day for that welder before he started his 2 week vacation.....lol.

When the frame cracked on the BB Outlaw there were other Outlaws that Retro had sold to commercial users close to the same time with same problem. He had them welded at a local welding shop.

Last edited by LibertyFarmLandscaping; 11-17-2013 at 09:46 PM.
Old 11-17-2013, 11:25 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyFarmLandscaping View Post
Well it sounds like you work for some other mower company coming on here acting like a troll.

If you are losing revenue each day because your mower is in the shop and you don't take the demo they have and run it so that you don't lose revenue than that is your own fault. That is just common sense irregardless of the outcome Gravely comes up with.

I had a Badboy outlaw that was a total POS that had multiple problems. The final straw, it stayed at the Badboy factory for a month, and you can bet your last dollar I ran the s**t out of the demo for the month mine was at the factory. The frame was cracked in 2 places and it came back with welds and paint that looked like a kid did it. I got rid of the mower as soon as I got it back. I went back to running Scag like I always have.

I recently bought a Gravely 460 from the same dealer now that he carries them because he did such a great job of trying to make up for Badboy's poor product that was a lemon just like yours. I loved the Gravely air ride seat and the cut of the deck.

Now my Gravely 460 could turn out to be a lemon just like yours but I will definitely be running the loaner to prevent downtime and lost revenue.

I smell a troll......Who do you work for Badboy, John Deere, Toro?!?
Posted via Mobile Device
Something sure don't smell right. Who'd turn down a loaner if they were loosing big bucks from a down machine? I don't run Gravely but I have to say one of my local dealers carry them and he has been pleased with them. This dealer will drop a line for bad CS in a second. The best you can expect is for the manufacturer to quickly fix issues if they arise. I will say I think perhaps Gravely should re-assign the "welder" to a less skilled position within the organization such as one of the upper-level management positions.
Old 11-17-2013, 11:30 PM
LawnSite Member

Hey. Why are you guys turning on me? I am sorry. They didn't offer me a demo. We run John Deere (Two off them 727A and 737), 3 Exmarks ( 2 Lazer Z hps, and 1lhp 46inch), Bad boy zt 60, bad boy outlaw 60, Kubota zd21f-60 (disesel), toro z master (72 inch), gravely260z and this 460. What do you want me to do? My dealer and I have a business relationship. Maybe they are not on the leasing out demo programs. If you look at my location (Meridian) there isn't much around me. Maybe three or four dealers. Whenever the dealer gets through fixing that lemon (460) I assure you I will upload it on the site.