Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-02-2014, 08:36 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Crack-down on web sales of RU products

I was searching for Talstar for fire ants when Topchoice came up with it. Is Topchoice being taken out of production or is it a crackdown on illegal web sales?

Name:  Screenshot_2014-03-02-19-29-38.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  51.5 KB
Old 03-02-2014, 09:49 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Still available. Just sales without verification of licensing not allowed. Websites can get into all kinds of hot water shipping state or Federal RUP without that verification.

Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
Benjamin Franklin Poor Richard's Almanac1738
Old 03-02-2014, 10:09 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendoctor View Post
Still available. Just sales without verification of licensing not allowed. Websites can get into all kinds of hot water shipping state or Federal RUP without that verification.
He'd get a better price buying it through a local supplier anyway. I think I bought it for around $140/50lb bag last year. At 2lbs/1000 ft sq application rate, material cost is high and sticker shock by most customers is common due to what you have to charge to make money. Bayer has lowered the price over the last 3 yrs in an effort to sell more. Classifying it RUP didn't make things easier for them to do that.

I believe the pest control companies are using plenty of Termidor and as far as I know, Frontline is still out there for cats and dogs.

Over-N-Out hasn't contained Fipronil for a while now due to "Johnny Homeowners" misuse of the product and contaminating waterways with it...Imagine that

On a lighter note, I heard the Scotts ad for Turfbuilder plus "Halts" at Home Depot. I wonder how long it will take our Pre's to become RUP's??

Actually, It might be a good thing...in a F'd up way
Old 03-02-2014, 11:01 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

DNA herbicides have a low potential for leaching. Only way for them to enter waterways is via soil erosion. Even then, they are so water insoluble that it would be hard for it to be found in water. Testing the silt at the bottom of the streams might be another story.

Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
Benjamin Franklin Poor Richard's Almanac1738