Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center



Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-23-2012, 07:51 PM
T Scapes's Avatar
T Scapes T Scapes is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Garnet Valley PA
Posts: 1,067
Thoughts on this Truck

http://www.truckpaper.com/listingsde...x?OHID=3903387 looking at running this truck for a maintenance crew for pulling a 18ft enclosed trailer and a bark blower.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-23-2012, 07:56 PM
alldayrj's Avatar
alldayrj alldayrj is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Long island, NY
Posts: 3,190
It has the 365 which is the same as ford 6.0(international builds fords motors). I wouldn't do it especially in a truck that size. However the low pro is exactly the truck i want
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-23-2012, 07:58 PM
White Gardens's Avatar
White Gardens White Gardens is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bloomington IL
Posts: 6,779
If you've got the use for it, might be worth it.

Only thing I noticed that I didn't care for was the GVWR is only 19,500. You could get a long wheel-base F-550 with a 19l gvwr, and probably a bit more pay-load weight wise.

That dump body looks sprung or tweaked also.

.....
__________________
White Gardens On Facebook.......WG Thread......Greencare For Troops......... mywhitegardens.com(under construction)

2005- Completion of University of Illinois Master Gardner's Program.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-23-2012, 08:20 PM
T Scapes's Avatar
T Scapes T Scapes is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Garnet Valley PA
Posts: 1,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by alldayrj View Post
It has the 365 which is the same as ford 6.0(international builds fords motors). I wouldn't do it especially in a truck that size. However the low pro is exactly the truck i want
Posted via Mobile Device
Thats what i like about the truck. the low profile look

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Gardens View Post
If you've got the use for it, might be worth it.

Only thing I noticed that I didn't care for was the GVWR is only 19,500. You could get a long wheel-base F-550 with a 19l gvwr, and probably a bit more pay-load weight wise.

That dump body looks sprung or tweaked also.

.....
yea i see what your say ive debating between a truck like this or a crew cab 550 with a 10ft grain body like guzzo has
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-23-2012, 09:16 PM
P.Services's Avatar
P.Services P.Services is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Fenton Michigan
Posts: 6,109
i think thats a nice truck at a really good price. If i didnt all ready own a 450 crew cab i would probably jump on that. I love the look of extended cab trucks.

On the same note i think i would pick up another used ex-brickman 450 in the 7-8k range before that truck though as nice as it is. Tuff call.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-23-2012, 11:06 PM
cuttin-to-the-Max cuttin-to-the-Max is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Commerce,MI
Posts: 1,329
Yes thats a nice truck.

Personally/ From experience i Like actually having 4 doors on crew cabs... not the 1.5 doors. Personal Preference.

Also the fact that you will need a CDL to drive this truck if its loaded plus pulling a trailer.
Not exactly sure what you do or what you haul but the second you hook a trailer up and load a piece of equipment suck as a skidsteer or mini ex. you're probably going to be over CDL... Just something to look out for. If you and your drivers have that there's nothing to worry about.

Bigger plate Bigger fee... not a big deal though.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-24-2012, 12:26 AM
CLS LLC's Avatar
CLS LLC CLS LLC is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Colgate, WI
Posts: 377
It looks to me like you'd have to have work done to the hitch if you want to carry an enclosed with that. The dump bed looks like it sticks out a foot further than the hitch, even if your trailer has an extended tongue I think you'd be cutting it close.

Just something to consider.

Aside from that it looks to me like a very good truck for a pretty good price. I'm not too informed on my ford 6.0 power stroke trivia, but if I recall correctly most of the issues with the engine were worked out by '06. Further more I think the majority of the issues were due to people cranking the boost and fuel up, which I don't assume you'd be doing with this.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-24-2012, 11:16 AM
Duffster's Avatar
Duffster Duffster is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttin-to-the-Max View Post
Also the fact that you will need a CDL to drive this truck if its loaded plus pulling a trailer.
You can still pull a trailer without a CDL. As long as the trailer is 10k or under GVWR. Whether the truck is loaded or not would never make a difference.


Quote:
Not exactly sure what you do or what you haul but the second you hook a trailer up and load a piece of equipment suck as a skidsteer or mini ex. you're probably going to be over CDL...
Now it's probably? You could easily tow a skid or mini without a CDL.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Oomkes
Your argument falls flatter than a 3 day old roadkill squirrel.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-24-2012, 11:23 AM
Fwilamosky Fwilamosky is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 280
any reason why you wouldn't just go buy a 3500 flatbed or 3500 stakebed with a low gear ratio to increase the towing. buying a 3500 would also alleviate the CDL problem as well. just my thought. how much do you know need to be towing, weight wise?
__________________
2007 GMC Sierra
2011 Bobcat 61in Procat
48in Snapper Pro WB
26in Exmark Metro
Honda Push Mowers
Stihl Trimmers
BR-600 Blowers

O-H-...
Not my President
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-24-2012, 11:49 AM
Duffster's Avatar
Duffster Duffster is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwilamosky View Post
any reason why you wouldn't just go buy a 3500 flatbed or 3500 stakebed with a low gear ratio to increase the towing. buying a 3500 would also alleviate the CDL problem as well. just my thought. how much do you know need to be towing, weight wise?
What CDL problem?
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Oomkes
Your argument falls flatter than a 3 day old roadkill squirrel.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:12 PM.

Page generated in 0.08110 seconds with 9 queries