Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 09-24-2013, 10:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ideal set up

I'm looking for some opinions on the ideal set up for a fert/squirt rig. The majority of the properties we deal with are under 15k.

Currently just running out of a pick up. Thinking trailer set up, box truck, van etc...
Old 09-25-2013, 06:47 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I've been interested in a box truck or enclosed trailer for my set up moen thinking a long time. I run a z spray and would love a set up to carry the zspray, water tank, and fertilizer. I could build a shelf for chemical storage and hang backpacks on the wall. The continence of hooking up and going would be great. I wouldn't have to worry about loading/unloading my Fert everyday because of rain.

My problem is it doesn't make sense to have a dedicated spray trailer/truck yet. I'm in a small service area and can treat all 130-140 customers per round in about 7-8 spray able days. Plus the open trailer I currently use does wonders for my helping the mow guys or hauling debris.

Maybe I can pick up enough this upcoming spring to get over the hump, but sure would be nice to have the winter to get things set up!! Maybe I can luck out and find a unit already set up?!?
Old 09-25-2013, 01:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

We will be selling 2 16' enclosed trailers next spring built exactly like you are wanting. Both are wrapped now and will be like new once we pull the wraps off.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-25-2013, 09:04 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I went with a flat bed truck with boxes on the sides and a 60 gal and 200 gal tank in the back. I just couldn't do a box truck and have to walk up the ramp all the time to get stuff but each to there own. I built mine the way that I like it and that works for me.

Charles Cue
Old 09-27-2013, 04:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

We had a trailer setup with a 200 gal tank. Worked ok, but was a pain to haul a trailer. We then had a 200 gal tank in a F-250. That worked well, but was very limiting. 200 gal didn't last long at 4 gal per Ksf. Plus we couldn't custom mix. Now we have a spray rig with a 600 gal nurse tank, 150 gal and 50 gal drop tanks. Used it all season and am very pleased.