Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 10-27-2012, 08:36 AM
joe billy joe billy is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: gulf coast
Posts: 35
#9 might just be a version of the WaterMagnet we've heard so much about ?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-29-2012, 08:33 AM
piston slapper's Avatar
piston slapper piston slapper is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa Fl
Posts: 4,008
Guess I stumped you guys...
It can be tough trying to figure out what someone was thinking when they improvised.
Especially when you dont know what problem they were trying to work around.

WhiteGardens...Yes that is an old TV antenna alligator clip...good eye..
JoeBilly...no #9 is not a WaterMagnet ...The WaterMagnet has 3 wires going to it,,,
#9 is just a sparkplug I insulated because I got tired of catching pushmowers on fire.
About once a year I would get a mower flooded so bad that when I pulled the rope to clear the cylinder...it would spark and ignite the fuel and catch the engine on fire.

#5 is a hydro pulley removal tool..when you get the clutch off the crankshaft and the hydro pulley wont come off..you bolt this combination of a clutch bushing and an Exmark spindle bushing to the crank..this keeps the airhammer from jumping off the crankbolt while reaching under the mower and bumping the shaft.

Finally 55 degrees in central Fl...grass stopped growing..Santa Claus is coming....
Attached Images
 
__________________
If You Have All The Answers...Except The One You Need...You're Not Trying Hard Enough...
Do The Work
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-29-2012, 09:48 AM
Breezmister's Avatar
Breezmister Breezmister is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 1,180
Quote:
Originally Posted by piston slapper View Post
#5 is a hydro pulley removal tool..when you get the clutch off the crankshaft and the hydro pulley wont come off..you bolt this combination of a clutch bushing and an Exmark spindle bushing to the crank..this keeps the airhammer from jumping off the crankbolt while reaching under the mower and bumping the shaft.
This is a great idea ! Especially when you are all twisted up under a machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by piston slapper View Post
Finally 55 degrees in central Fl...grass stopped growing..Santa Claus is coming....
Here in NJ, 50 degrees and Sandy is coming
__________________
.
Masters Degree in Thinking Out Side Of The Box,Graduate of the MacGyver Institute of Ingenuity

The primary function of an Engineer is to make it difficult for the Fabricator and impossible for the Mechanic

RTFM What a concept

Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-29-2012, 06:49 PM
BigFish's Avatar
BigFish BigFish is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: chesapeake, va
Posts: 1,607
Quote:
Originally Posted by piston slapper View Post
Guess I stumped you guys...
It can be tough trying to figure out what someone was thinking when they improvised.
Especially when you dont know what problem they were trying to work around.

WhiteGardens...Yes that is an old TV antenna alligator clip...good eye..
JoeBilly...no #9 is not a WaterMagnet ...The WaterMagnet has 3 wires going to it,,,
#9 is just a sparkplug I insulated because I got tired of catching pushmowers on fire.
About once a year I would get a mower flooded so bad that when I pulled the rope to clear the cylinder...it would spark and ignite the fuel and catch the engine on fire.

#5 is a hydro pulley removal tool..when you get the clutch off the crankshaft and the hydro pulley wont come off..you bolt this combination of a clutch bushing and an Exmark spindle bushing to the crank..this keeps the airhammer from jumping off the crankbolt while reaching under the mower and bumping the shaft.

Finally 55 degrees in central Fl...grass stopped growing..Santa Claus is coming....
So... that explains your expertise in re-gluing flywheel magnets!!
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=390437

Man, I don't even own an air hammer, let alone use one on a crank!
__________________
" But let me tell you something ,folks: You can't fix stupid! There's not a pill you can take, there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever!"

......AMF!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-29-2012, 07:19 PM
joe billy joe billy is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: gulf coast
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFish View Post
So... that explains your expertise in re-gluing flywheel magnets!!
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=390437

Man, I don't even own an air hammer, let alone use one on a crank!
If the magnets come loose from a few bumps of the air hammer, they were probably coming loose anyway.
The air hammer can save or make you a lot of work. Depends on the operator.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-30-2012, 09:29 AM
pugs pugs is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Southwest of Chicago
Posts: 2,709
Quote:
Originally Posted by piston slapper View Post
#5 is a hydro pulley removal tool..when you get the clutch off the crankshaft and the hydro pulley wont come off..you bolt this combination of a clutch bushing and an Exmark spindle bushing to the crank..this keeps the airhammer from jumping off the crankbolt while reaching under the mower and bumping the shaft.
Just use a smaller air hammer bit that will go through a 1/2" drive socket. Put the socket on the bolt and do it that way. Its good for removing clutches that are stuck on then too.

Im not so sure on your alligator clip thing #2. You should really have the stator disconnected from the regulator when testing its output.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-31-2012, 09:13 AM
piston slapper's Avatar
piston slapper piston slapper is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa Fl
Posts: 4,008
OK....Those were pretty easy...Try this one...
Attached Images
 
__________________
If You Have All The Answers...Except The One You Need...You're Not Trying Hard Enough...
Do The Work
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-31-2012, 11:04 AM
JCLawn and more's Avatar
JCLawn and more JCLawn and more is online now
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: MI
Posts: 4,769
Quote:
Originally Posted by piston slapper View Post
OK....Those were pretty easy...Try this one...
a grease towel used to keep grime from transferring from the weird tool to the table
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-31-2012, 11:09 AM
joe billy joe billy is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: gulf coast
Posts: 35
An implement used for Falcon Punching the Master Mechanic ???
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-31-2012, 11:18 AM
JCLawn and more's Avatar
JCLawn and more JCLawn and more is online now
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: MI
Posts: 4,769
could be used for a bead breaker too
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:04 PM.

Page generated in 0.08224 seconds with 8 queries