Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-31-2012, 01:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Texas, "just go to their website and look" here is the website I found, hope it helps.
https://www.usps.com/business/every-...irect-mail.htm
Old 10-31-2012, 02:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

[QUOTE=TempleLawnCare;4570228]Texas, "just go to their website and look" here is the website I found, hope it helps.
https://www.usps.com/business/every-...irect-mail.htm[/

I know that, but that is different than the direct mail program I used. The USPS EDDM is EVERY door direct mail. Mine only go to certain homes, not the trailer park over behind the run down Exxon.
Old 10-31-2012, 02:08 PM
LawnSite Member

Gotcha....from what I was reading on their website you can pick your routes right down to the road, so I don't see why you couldn't target certain neighborhoods.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:45 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I did the direct mail with Holidynamics also. For me, never again as it stands right now. Last year, nothing this year so far nothing. This is going to be a big decision year for me with regard to holiday lighting. Pretty much planning in closing the door f there is nothing new this year.
2000 Cat 312B
2000 Cat 304 CCR
2000 Hyundai H70
2012 Scag V Ride
2009 Ferris IS3100 z
Brown Bed Edger
Multiple trailers, hand tools and smaller stuff
A son to teach the value of life, business and honor
Old 11-01-2012, 01:00 PM
Sponsor

Check out A'Deas Printing (www.adeasprinting.com) We do direct mail and also door hangers and flyers.. On the direct mail, we can do a basic list that you can choose by carrier routes and select homes, apartments, businesses, and/or trailers.. or for a little more you can get more specific with your search like choosing a specific income or home value.. I know right now we have a special for 5,000 for $.26 ea includes the printing, addressing and mailng (it does not include the mailng list) this special is for the basic carrier route mailing, but we can adjust the price if you want to get more specific. We have designers on staff that can help with any design if needed as well.
If you'd like any more information or some pricing let me know. My name is Glenda and my email is glenda@adeasprinting, or my number is 1-866-778-4254
Old 11-04-2012, 09:51 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

If you want the best price on printing and mailing you need to deal with Cactusmailing.com. Adeas was 10 cent a card higher when I had them quote me for the same thing. Do not ever use the default mailing list from a direct mail place or the every door crap from the USPS. If your not hitting your target market your wasting a lot of money. I now use Info Group for my list and the results were much better.

I use 4x6 with color on both sides and great printing quality. The cost is 35 cents per at most. I target only $600K plus to multi million. Below that the budgets for lighting are mostly going to be bleak.

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Accreditations & Memberships- BBB, TNLA, TPCL 611373, & Class 1 Nurserymen.

Market Niche- High end residential.

-http://plantscapesolutions.net/
Old 11-04-2012, 10:17 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

We are still without power..have a generator..mass destruction where I am..right down the street..helping deliver clothes, food and gas to people ...and it's getting down to the low 30's..sad scene around here...

but for the postcards..you can select the streets and neighborhoods..set up an acct with usps and mess around with it..you can zone down to street level..pick the routes you want..it's a little bit of a pain..but we did 10k in 3/4 of a day..if that...at .25 per card..glossy 8.5x11 both sides..printed and shipped..but whatever works for you ..cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlantscapeSolutions View Post
If you want the best price on printing and mailing you need to deal with Cactusmailing.com. Adeas was 10 cent a card higher when I had them quote me for the same thing. Do not ever use the default mailing list from a direct mail place or the every door crap from the USPS. If your not hitting your target market your wasting a lot of money. I now use Info Group for my list and the results were much better.

I use 4x6 with color on both sides and great printing quality. The cost is 35 cents per at most. I target only $600K plus to multi million. Below that the budgets for lighting are mostly going to be bleak.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:39 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlantscapeSolutions View Post

Thats all fine and dandy if you have homes worth that much in your target area. Homes in my area pretty much cap at $350,000
Old 11-06-2012, 09:56 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasFire221 View Post
Thats all fine and dandy if you have homes worth that much in your target area. Homes in my area pretty much cap at $350,000
Other things I filter are the age of the homes. I want nothing older then 1990 for landscape & maintenance advertising. For holiday lighting we left off the age of the homes.

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Accreditations & Memberships- BBB, TNLA, TPCL 611373, & Class 1 Nurserymen.

Market Niche- High end residential.

-http://plantscapesolutions.net/
Old 11-11-2012, 12:57 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtolandscaping View Post
I did the direct mail with Holidynamics also. For me, never again as it stands right now. Last year, nothing this year so far nothing. This is going to be a big decision year for me with regard to holiday lighting. Pretty much planning in closing the door f there is nothing new this year.
Something is wrong here. I also did a mailing with them. Last year, I got about 25K in work from the mailing - lots of estimates. This year, not one call. Something tells me that the post card never got all the way to the mail box.

Soli Deo Gloria