Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-29-2012, 03:50 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

wow, well be safe everyone. here nothing bad so far just wind and rain (maryland)
Old 10-29-2012, 03:51 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Damn. Its weird for me being in southern louisiana to watch a storm hit like this and not affect us. I pray everybody makes out ok. If i can do anything to help yall dont be afraid to ask.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-29-2012, 05:08 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrayzKajun View Post
Damn. Its weird for me being in southern louisiana to watch a storm hit like this and not affect us. I pray everybody makes out ok. If i can do anything to help yall dont be afraid to ask.
Posted via Mobile Device
I second that, unfortunately I don't have a bobcat or my 3 Stihl 660's any more. But if you need some help, I'm here too.

Ive taken advantage of the world market and started a new business. We are building bombs in the shape of prayer blankets for our middle eastern customers. Business couldnt be better. The prophets are going through the roof!!
Old 10-29-2012, 06:11 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Here in Central Pa, it's getting scary 50- 60 mph winds and cold rain right now. Tomorrow is gonna be worse. Im not gonna bother going back out to work till the wheather is calm again. No point in getting hurt. We were gonna start leaf cleanup today. Still have 50 leaf cleanups to do. It's gonna be wet and sloppy for awhile. Try to be safe everyone and don't worry about work right now. I wish you guys on the coast lines well and hope you guys are safe.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:13 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

The up side is we wont have a single leaf on any tree after this is over, so fall cleanups will be fast and easy.
2010 Equipment/Stripe thread Here
2009 Equipment/Stripe thread Here
Hurricane blower video Here
Old 10-29-2012, 06:17 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEGOLDPRO View Post
The up side is we wont have a single leaf on any tree after this is over, so fall cleanups will be fast and easy.
All the leaves are down in Shelton, Hunington, Ansonia. The question is will you have leaves from other neighbors on your lawns or vice versa lol.

"Money & Power leads to Greed and usually ends with Corruption."

" I don't blame our industry to be looked down at because most of the people either couldn't keep a stable job or were criminals."

" A LEADER will always have more haters than a FOLLOWER."
Old 10-29-2012, 06:19 PM
LawnSite Member

Take care and stay safe to all you guys on the east coast. I wish you could send some of the rain down to the east coast of Australia. Grass is rapidly turning brown. No decent rain since July.

Kathryn and Mark
Grasshopper Mowing Services
Old 10-29-2012, 06:31 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly's Landscaping View Post
Not sure how I have power but the lines on my house were ripped off 2 hours ago I got a 4 ton tree between my 2nd and 3rd poll that is cutting the drive way in half and the lines are on the ground. So I got power but I am stranded worse is yet to come they say 8-10 pm here.
Be careful with those lines. I had the same thing happen last year and CL-P won't fix it, they'll only kill your power and you need an electrician to come re-connect the assembly to your house before they'll put the line back up. Same goes for ATT or whoever you have cable/telephone with
Old 10-29-2012, 08:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Calling for 12-20" here in Frostburg. Got a couple inches already Bunch of trees down already winds are crazy, and they say the worst is yet to come. Be safe everyone.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-29-2012, 08:53 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

yea think its gona be a pain in the ass to get all that fixed went through that once before. And each utility wants you to call them and set it up in a specific order that no one tells you. But the cable 2 phone lines and the power lines are ripped down in some way or another. Had this storm happened in August with the leaves still on the trees I think the damage her would of been 10 fold.