Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 10-29-2012, 02:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Chemical/Route Log

Anyone have a chemical and route log or spread sheet they are willing to share?
Old 11-28-2012, 06:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I simply keep a string bound composition book on each truck plus 1 only for chemical logging. I date each application, customer name, gallons used or approx amount of product used if granular, Times, weather conditions, and target pest be it insect or weed. Other than this, I simply mark jobs as complete and schedule the next visit. I only have around 65 weed/fert accounts, so this system works well for my needs now. The maintenance trucks also have logs like this as a safeguard that all notes and additional services done are marked and signed off at the end of the day, along with each stop and stop times. When a truck returns, the log books go on my desk for review then back in the trucks in the morning--also works for budgeting time on routes when property history from the log is viewed. Eventually I'll input service times for each date for each customer into the computer for easy compassion year to year--nothing worse than an over planed or under planed day.

25 years old 7 years in business ownership
Old 11-28-2012, 08:25 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I always used the yellow copy of the invoice for my chemical log. Check the box to indicate the chemical used, (target pest was pre-printed: weeds, crab, insects). Gals used. Also time and date, were recorded, and wind conditions were checked as low, med or high. My customer cards had pre-printed amounts for the pounds of fert needed or gals of solution needed.

Yellow copies were used to post charges for statements and copies filled. Chemical data was entered into a database in winter.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the info guys.
Riggle, I like the pre-printed multiple page forms. I will see if I can find a local company to print some. Can you post a pic of yours for an example?
thanks
Old 11-28-2012, 09:52 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mx315 View Post
Anyone have a chemical and route log or spread sheet they are willing to share?
This is what i use for chemical app i made it on Excel

Hope this works Charles Cue
Attached Images

Old 11-29-2012, 08:05 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Paperless

This is really good, I am looking into doing the same thing but in a paperless format. I would like to fill it out and send it to the customer by email. That's easy but also have a total product used versus sqft covered to keep a close eye on cost. I am starting to use a Ipad in the truck for this and experimenting with apps. Still a work in progress
Old 11-29-2012, 08:30 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks Charles, that gives me a good idea for a layout.
Falcon, I was thinking about the same thing with a tablet, but have to check with the State to make sure a digital log is acceptable for them. I've been told by other CPO's that the State requires a paper log, but haven't got that from the Officials at State yet.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:18 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mx315 View Post
Thanks Charles, that gives me a good idea for a layout.
Falcon, I was thinking about the same thing with a tablet, but have to check with the State to make sure a digital log is acceptable for them. I've been told by other CPO's that the State requires a paper log, but haven't got that from the Officials at State yet.
That's interesting I started with paper and was tiered of that quickly so I started using a computer and making all my entries. About a month ago I received a call it was the state ag guy and he asked to see all my records and equipment some time before the end of the day. I met with him and he said it was the first time he has see a paperless format and everything looked good. I did not have any coffee stains or missing pages. So for GA it's ok but I never thought it would not be its a log.
Good luck

Training them early

Last edited by Falcon50EX; 11-29-2012 at 09:19 AM. Reason: Words wrong
Old 11-29-2012, 05:13 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

My Michigan regulator officer said a record of chemical apps was required, but that it could be a digital electronic record--database or spreadsheet--no problem.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:34 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I used a lap top this year but next year i will be using a smart phone. I print them out in my truck. Works good got tried of having carbon less forms printed out and the next time i order some thing they have a different product.

Charles Cue