Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-31-2012, 07:34 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the extreme racks, had them installed earlier this summer. I have mix feelings about them. My 2 trimmers seem to ride ok on it, but my stick edger looks like it is going to break in half. The ease of use is a huge positive, unfortunately trimmers or stick.edgers with bigger power heads could be at risk. I am stuck with mine, they were a fathers day gift, on top of that my neighbor spent alot time fabricating angle iron just to install them correctly (that was another issue). I may have been better off with the cheap racks from tractor supply that I had previously. Once my stuck edger breaks in half then I can take these racks off of my trailer without hurting my wife's or neighbor's feelings.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-02-2012, 07:28 AM
LawnSite Member

I am just starting out and maybe I am still a newb...but to me I just don't want my gear exposed. I have a nice weatherguard tool box on my truck that locks very securely. I purchased the Stihl Kombi set up for my trimmer and edger needs. I bought it specifically so it would break down and fit in my tool box. I am in the process of fabbing up a mount for them in the floor of the tool box with 2x4 blocks and a fishing pole holder (old school boat mounted foam ones). Maybe my idea sucks, only time will tell but I sure feel better with it being locked in the tool box. My only reservation is the gas fumes...dunno if this will be an issue or not.
Old 11-02-2012, 09:45 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boaz View Post
I am just starting out and maybe I am still a newb...but to me I just don't want my gear exposed. I have a nice weatherguard tool box on my truck that locks very securely. I purchased the Stihl Kombi set up for my trimmer and edger needs. I bought it specifically so it would break down and fit in my tool box. I am in the process of fabbing up a mount for them in the floor of the tool box with 2x4 blocks and a fishing pole holder (old school boat mounted foam ones). Maybe my idea sucks, only time will tell but I sure feel better with it being locked in the tool box. My only reservation is the gas fumes...dunno if this will be an issue or not.
And then one day after a few years you will tell your helper on a hot summer day to just throw them in the back of the truck so you can go!
All Echo hand helds
<- That's how I feel at the end of the day.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:11 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I have trimmer trap racks on my trailer and havnt had any problems so far
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-04-2012, 02:09 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Having your stuff locked up in a tool box is great when you only have a few accounts but as you grow you will want to be able to grab and go, this is where you will be able to see the difference.