Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-29-2012, 10:03 PM
LawnSite Member

trailer upgrade

hey everyone, im looking to upgrade my trailer. i run a small mowing/landscaping business by myself, only 30 accounts. i got a scag 36" wb, trimmer, blower, push mower, landscape tools, etc. i currently own a 5x10 tilt trailer that has seen better days. the trailer was originally 8ft long until my uncle welded and extra 2ft on it. i recently put wooden sides on it so i could haul mulch and rock easier, and for mowing i have to use wooden ramps to get my wb on it because the tilt is a pain in the a** trying to get a wb on it. i am currently looking into a 5x8 utility trailer with a ramp. do you think this would be sufficient or shold i go bigger? i am pulling my trailer with a 2005 gmc sierra v6 5speed. thank you for any input!
Old 10-29-2012, 10:46 PM
LawnSite Member

We have a 6x10 trailer that we pull with an 05 Silverado V6 auto trans. It has a 48" stand on, 21" Honda Commericial, 5 gallon and 2.5 gallon gas cans, string trimmer, stick edger and blower on it. The two mowers are the only thing on the deck of the trailer, everything else is on racks/holders.
When this trailer is tired I am buying the same one but aluminum next time. I want the weight savings and the lack of rust.

Tags
landscape business , scag 36" , small business , trailer