Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-03-2012, 04:43 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

CDI meaning Christmas Decor or Christmas Designers?

I have done some business with Christmas Designers and I like the product, I like the customer service and I especially like the shipping program. I got a case of catalogs earlier in the year as I was in discussion of buying another company, and the shipping was more than the catalogs.

I told Mike point blank the other day, if it weren't for him, the LL and the MN I wouldn't have any interest at all. What the original deciding factor for me was was the warranty.

Send me a pm, I would like to talk with you a bit more about things, but not in public forum. I did alot of digging this year and found out alot of information.
2000 Cat 312B
2000 Cat 304 CCR
2000 Hyundai H70
2012 Scag V Ride
2009 Ferris IS3100 z
Brown Bed Edger
Multiple trailers, hand tools and smaller stuff
A son to teach the value of life, business and honor
Old 11-04-2012, 09:01 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtolandscaping View Post
CDI meaning Christmas Decor or Christmas Designers?

I have done some business with Christmas Designers and I like the product, I like the customer service and I especially like the shipping program. I got a case of catalogs earlier in the year as I was in discussion of buying another company, and the shipping was more than the catalogs.

I told Mike point blank the other day, if it weren't for him, the LL and the MN I wouldn't have any interest at all. What the original deciding factor for me was was the warranty.

Send me a pm, I would like to talk with you a bit more about things, but not in public forum. I did alot of digging this year and found out alot of information.
I'm talking about Christmas Designers. I have one 5' wreath from HD and a tree that was even better quality greenery. The HD garland online looks nice with the pine cones. I'm hoping the Designers material doesn't just look like a giant pipe cleaner with lights in it.

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Accreditations & Memberships- BBB, TNLA, TPCL 611373, & Class 1 Nurserymen.

Market Niche- High end residential.

-http://plantscapesolutions.net/
Old 11-04-2012, 09:21 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Were any of your guys aware HBL was being sued for patent infringement? Here is a link http://news.priorsmart.com/marvellou...t-lights-l4Wa/. It sounds like the case may not have gone to court yet. It had to do with the "Always Lit" technology. I wonder if that had anything to do with the companies name and leadership changes. Hmmm.

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Old 11-05-2012, 05:58 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I didn't do anything last year as far as purchases, each time I did, I would confirm the availability prior to ordering, then within 12-24 hours order the product and bam all gone. The only reason I am even dealing with them at all is due to Mike.

I wasn't aware of the "always Lit" LED, just the incandescent.
2000 Cat 312B
2000 Cat 304 CCR
2000 Hyundai H70
2012 Scag V Ride
2009 Ferris IS3100 z
Brown Bed Edger
Old 11-05-2012, 06:00 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

The mixed noble foliage is beautiful, no doubt about it. Pice cones come off fairly easy, but it is beautiful. I haven;t had any greenery from CDI as of yet so I can;t seak abou thtat.
2000 Cat 312B
2000 Cat 304 CCR
2000 Hyundai H70
2012 Scag V Ride
2009 Ferris IS3100 z
Brown Bed Edger
Old 11-05-2012, 08:09 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtolandscaping View Post
I didn't do anything last year as far as purchases, each time I did, I would confirm the availability prior to ordering, then within 12-24 hours order the product and bam all gone. The only reason I am even dealing with them at all is due to Mike.

I wasn't aware of the "always Lit" LED, just the incandescent.
Last year was a real joke on inventory. I think it would be interesting to see how the year over year growth was leading up to last year versus how much they increased their inventory. I thought buying in for $1500 would have given me a reliable supplier where I wouldn't have been expected to pre-buy a bunch of stuff myself and assume a bunch of risk.

Old 11-05-2012, 10:08 AM
LawnSite Member

IMO, HD's Mixed Noble foliage is the best out there. But, it only comes in one color of lights and it doesn't really match anything else. I have one case of garland and a couple 36" wreaths left. When I sell that, I likely won't be purchasing anything else from HD. If they offered more color options, HD would be the only place to buy greenery.

I tried to sample Christmas Designer's greenery last year, but they were sold out. I can say their Bows and 5mm mini's are top quality. Their bows made the whole season with no fading. HD's bows were faded to pink in three weeks.

I signed on with Brite Ideas this year with no membership fee, only a deposit toward the first purchase. We'll see how it goes. So far, very good. Their Sierra garland and wreaths are not nearly as nice as HD's, but it comes in every color and several combinations of color. I've already sold some angels, a star and a nativity scene and the quality of the those products are better than HD's lighted displays.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:41 PM
LawnSite Member

I buy from Village lighting company very nice greenery, but I allways place a good order in the spring to asure we have what we need and sell around it. They have helped us find product in the past if some wholesalers had extra they would connect us with them.

Elves and Company - Holiday Decorating
Old 11-06-2012, 05:03 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Sine you are a Village lighting guy, how in the hell are they runing c-7 and c-7 through the same base?? Please explain if possible. I almost bought another company this yea, but that was what she was using was Village stuff, and then she wanted $25k for something with what appeared to be a lesser product (she also ran to Home Depot for closeouts) and had nothing in writing for contracts.
2000 Cat 312B
2000 Cat 304 CCR
2000 Hyundai H70
2012 Scag V Ride
2009 Ferris IS3100 z
Brown Bed Edger
Old 11-06-2012, 08:52 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Sore subject. Have one home that has LED light links and it just happens to have 70 of them. 10 went out last season and already have them going out this season. Will not push LED light links this year.