Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-06-2012, 09:06 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasFire221 View Post
Sore subject. Have one home that has LED light links and it just happens to have 70 of them. 10 went out last season and already have them going out this season. Will not push LED light links this year.
I think you had said it was a customers second vacation home last year? I had four links from previous years that should have been warranty but because of the split in the HBL I got left with nothing. Eight more links from 2009 have died over the winter months. I think you had better always plan on the lifespan of the LED LL's to be 2.5-3 years unless they improve them.

I was hoping the new links would have sealed bulbs but I think it's just like before.

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Accreditations & Memberships- BBB, TNLA, TPCL 611373, & Class 1 Nurserymen.

Market Niche- High end residential.

-http://plantscapesolutions.net/
Old 11-06-2012, 09:14 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yes it is their weekend home. They aren't very happy with me but what can you do.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-06-2012, 09:17 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

But so far minus the pine comes falling off the mixed noble garland like crazy I am happy with everything else they have to offer. I'm sure they will get the LED stuff hammered out in the years to come.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-06-2012, 10:07 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasFire221 View Post
But so far minus the pine comes falling off the mixed noble garland like crazy I am happy with everything else they have to offer. I'm sure they will get the LED stuff hammered out in the years to come.
Posted via Mobile Device
I'm doing an order right now. Are you saying your would not order the garland again because of the cones not lasting?

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Old 11-06-2012, 10:10 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

No I'm not saying that at all. The garland is nice the pine comes just do not stay on. We have a job that has 22 section of mixed noble garland and when we finish and clean up we always pick up 8-10 pine cones off the drive way.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-06-2012, 02:22 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtolandscaping View Post
Sine you are a Village lighting guy, how in the hell are they runing c-7 and c-7 through the same base?? Please explain if possible. I almost bought another company this yea, but that was what she was using was Village stuff, and then she wanted $25k for something with what appeared to be a lesser product (she also ran to Home Depot for closeouts) and had nothing in writing for contracts.
They use the same base for the bulb with both c-7 and c-9, I think there product is great the stringers are nice and the super mini lights are way better than HD's lights and better prices. We are on our 8th season on some of our lights. The garland and wreaths are great.

Elves and Company - Holiday Decorating
Old 11-07-2012, 06:34 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

That's what I can't understand. How can they run both types of bulbs with the same base. I assume the c-7 are three and the 9 are 5 diodes right?

The supers looked pretty intense when I was trying to find out more about them (Village Lighting) on line, couldn't get any one to ever call me back. Compare to HD, if you have read my previous posts, that's a waste of time. Totally disgusted with them. I have a set of M5 conical in my shop that I plugged in back in February, actually on the 26th. Still no issues, and it is pretty dusty in there, gets real hot in the summer, (metal building, metal roof, insulated).

What really takes me back with them now, perfect example, they resell Minleon bulbs. Minleon puts a 1 year warranty on them (C-9). When you buy them from HD, you get a warranty now that is 90 days from the date of shipping if I understand the warranty post on the website correct.
2000 Cat 312B
2000 Cat 304 CCR
2000 Hyundai H70
2012 Scag V Ride
2009 Ferris IS3100 z
Brown Bed Edger
Multiple trailers, hand tools and smaller stuff
A son to teach the value of life, business and honor
Old 11-07-2012, 06:35 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I actually took a good look at the price list with HD this year the other day, the alteration in the pricing on the LL, now you buy a case of 2 instead of 6, so you get wacked even more so on the shipping.
2000 Cat 312B
2000 Cat 304 CCR
2000 Hyundai H70
2012 Scag V Ride
2009 Ferris IS3100 z
Brown Bed Edger
Multiple trailers, hand tools and smaller stuff
A son to teach the value of life, business and honor
Old 11-07-2012, 07:22 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtolandscaping View Post
I actually took a good look at the price list with HD this year the other day, the alteration in the pricing on the LL, now you buy a case of 2 instead of 6, so you get wacked even more so on the shipping.
I bought some LL's yesterday and it's still six per case. They planned for two but Mike said for shipping reasons it didn't work out. I suspect the folks in China got things crossed up and just used the same boxes they had been.

The only way I knew it was two per case instead of six was my order total was 300% more then it should have been when I viewed the cart. I did the math and then called Mike to verify my suspicion.

Old 11-08-2012, 09:32 PM
LawnSite Member

Four dead Starbursts on my re-install today.