Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-08-2012, 11:37 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanCut1 View Post
Four dead Starbursts on my re-install today.
Were they new from last year? I don't think anything is much more expensive then my 2011 Nativity Scene that takes $150 worth of replacement lights that I'm stuck with. 550 fun lights to replace. I have 12 warranty,8 non-warraty, and four useless HBL warranty LL's I'm re-stringing right now.

I use a paint brush and some soapy water to help the clips slide on more easily. I'd hate to be the person in China that has to assemble a semi load of Links just to make a buck (Yen).

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Accreditations & Memberships- BBB, TNLA, TPCL 611373, & Class 1 Nurserymen.

Market Niche- High end residential.

-http://plantscapesolutions.net/
Old 11-09-2012, 05:17 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

There are definitely some issues out there.

I placed an order on Monday, and as of right now, still do not have any information on the shipping. I called yesterday and whomever Amanda is, was not very pleasant at all.

When I called yesterday to verify it, Marylin could see the order, but had to transfer me to "Amanda" to verify it has shipped. She told me it had, and I would have an email shortly with the tracking info. 18 hours later and still nothing. She told me it was comping UPS Ground and should have been here yesterday. MY experience with US is less than desirable, so I am giving it to the end of today and then I block the charge.

Mike if you see this, please give me a call.
2000 Cat 312B
2000 Cat 304 CCR
2000 Hyundai H70
2012 Scag V Ride
2009 Ferris IS3100 z
Brown Bed Edger
Multiple trailers, hand tools and smaller stuff
A son to teach the value of life, business and honor
Old 11-09-2012, 08:52 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I haven't had an issues with the folks in NE not being polite. On that front everything has been smooth for me. The online shipping calculator did goof up and charge me about $175 to mail a small box of 10 lbs. at most. I pointed out the mistake and they quickly issues a credit.

Hopefully for next year they can improve the online ordering since it's a bit unrefined. It looks like they got it up and running with some do-it-yourself software at the absolute last second possible.

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Old 11-09-2012, 01:04 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlantscapeSolutions View Post
Were they new from last year? I don't think anything is much more expensive then my 2011 Nativity Scene that takes $150 worth of replacement lights that I'm stuck with. 550 fun lights to replace. I have 12 warranty,8 non-warraty, and four useless HBL warranty LL's I'm re-stringing right now.

I use a paint brush and some soapy water to help the clips slide on more easily. I'd hate to be the person in China that has to assemble a semi load of Links just to make a buck (Yen).
Yes, new from last year. Last year was my first season, so everything I have is 2011.

Hopefully BI products will be better. If not, I may just go C9's only after this.

On a good note, I am so busy I can barely keep up. Sold job number 5 this morning, have all the re-installs on the schedule and almost half done and picked up my first commercial job doing some 7ft wreaths and a 14ft tree at a hospital. I can't imagine what it's going to be like later next week when the calls really start coming.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:23 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Nice good for you..I think we are going to have a bum rush of work in the weeks ahead
Quote:
Yes, new from last year. Last year was my first season, so everything I have is 2011.

Hopefully BI products will be better. If not, I may just go C9's only after this.

On a good note, I am so busy I can barely keep up. Sold job number 5 this morning, have all the re-installs on the schedule and almost half done and picked up my first commercial job doing some 7ft wreaths and a 14ft tree at a hospital. I can't imagine what it's going to be like later next week when the calls really start coming.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:27 PM
LawnSite Member

Today: four sticks of MN Garland and a 36" wreath dead (half lights up, half out).
Old 11-10-2012, 09:02 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Today: four sticks of MN Garland and a 36" wreath dead (half lights up, half out).
LED I'm assuming since it sounds like you lost a rectifier.

Old 11-10-2012, 10:26 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlantscapeSolutions View Post
LED I'm assuming since it sounds like you lost a rectifier.
Yep, all LED.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:08 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I was really taken back to say the least. The pieces did arrive as she said they would, but I still do not have and invoice or shiiping notification. They will be going up next week end now as the customer requested we delay it a little bit.

I am struggling with the idea of opening it up and checking it, but I won't go anywhere near the LED from them especially with the so called new warranty, not to mention my previous experience. It appears as though Scott better get his head screwed on straight and change factories over the in China, or stop charging top dollar for bottom $0.50 material.

There are some really great people out there, it is sad to think how frustrated they must be with the issues that are occurring and continue to do so.

For example, I did the direct mail program with them again for this year, and will not ever do it again. I finally got a call on it yesterday, "My daughter hasn't lived here in 3 years, she moved to and has lived in Colorado. Please take her off the mailing list." Pretty good, $3500 and this is the only call that I have gotten. It's better than last year I guess, $3500 and not even a take us off your list call. Imagine how completely disgusted I am. Atleast if it was issues with product I could change around who I got it from, but hell I can;t even get product on the street.
2000 Cat 312B
2000 Cat 304 CCR
2000 Hyundai H70
2012 Scag V Ride
2009 Ferris IS3100 z
Brown Bed Edger
Multiple trailers, hand tools and smaller stuff
A son to teach the value of life, business and honor
Old 11-11-2012, 08:58 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtolandscaping View Post
I was really taken back to say the least. The pieces did arrive as she said they would, but I still do not have and invoice or shiiping notification. They will be going up next week end now as the customer requested we delay it a little bit.

I am struggling with the idea of opening it up and checking it, but I won't go anywhere near the LED from them especially with the so called new warranty, not to mention my previous experience. It appears as though Scott better get his head screwed on straight and change factories over the in China, or stop charging top dollar for bottom $0.50 material.

There are some really great people out there, it is sad to think how frustrated they must be with the issues that are occurring and continue to do so.

For example, I did the direct mail program with them again for this year, and will not ever do it again. I finally got a call on it yesterday, "My daughter hasn't lived here in 3 years, she moved to and has lived in Colorado. Please take her off the mailing list." Pretty good, $3500 and this is the only call that I have gotten. It's better than last year I guess, $3500 and not even a take us off your list call. Imagine how completely disgusted I am. Atleast if it was issues with product I could change around who I got it from, but hell I can;t even get product on the street.
I got a call from a guy who said his dead wife's name was on the direct mail and she had been dead for ten years. I get a few calls like this every now and then with my own mailing list from Info Source which is a great filtered list. It's just a part of doing business.

The only thing I did request one or two times (never got it) is a copy of the list so I could sample it. I like to Google some of the address's and make sure they fit the demographics. This is how I found out one of my prior list from a different company was horrible.

The company HD used is a top company like Info Source so I think the list should be solid. With postcards the person's name has zero value and I think they should just put "Current Resident". With stuffed envelopes is where the value of having the person's name has value because the envelope is a big obstacle in getting the person to even look at your ad before it heads to the landfill.

I was kind of freaking that I also had few calls for the money but I just got another and I think things will pick up now that Halloween is over and turkey day is coming. I PM'd David G on the date when the return on direct mail falls off a cliff and he put my nerves at ease.