Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 11-01-2012, 06:43 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

i usually do the service work for free. install is a little different..
but, i don't have that many friends
Old 11-05-2012, 06:09 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by txirrigation View Post
Take that line a little further:

Friends are Friends, Family is Family, Charity is Charity, and Business is Business. Never compromise the boundaries, or confuse them.

I think I have said this before, but I had a client that owed me money. She said she could not afford to finish paying, as she had a small child etc. I threatened a lean and she came to the office and gave me a check. I took the check with my left hand, and handed her a personal check out of my right hand for much more than I was collecting. I knew she was in a pinch, but she was willing to make the sacrifices to pay up. She owed my business money... PERIOD. She needed financial help and had no family so I helped her personally... PERIOD. A few months later I got a check in the mail from her, she had gotten another job and felt like she needed to pay me back. Keeping the lines clear between business and charity made this situation a positive one.
Good story tex.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:10 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by txirrigation View Post
Take that line a little further:

Friends are Friends, Family is Family, Charity is Charity, and Business is Business. Never compromise the boundaries, or confuse them.

I think I have said this before, but I had a client that owed me money. She said she could not afford to finish paying, as she had a small child etc. I threatened a lean and she came to the office and gave me a check. I took the check with my left hand, and handed her a personal check out of my right hand for much more than I was collecting. I knew she was in a pinch, but she was willing to make the sacrifices to pay up. She owed my business money... PERIOD. She needed financial help and had no family so I helped her personally... PERIOD. A few months later I got a check in the mail from her, she had gotten another job and felt like she needed to pay me back. Keeping the lines clear between business and charity made this situation a positive one.
that is a great story, and you are a honorable man