Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-01-2012, 09:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Picking up some deals.... Check em' out

20mm through 24mm Armstrong open combo wrenches new for $51.00 on ebay. These are about 200 online.

I love Armstrong, from their 88 tooth ratchets to the high quality chroming plus they are made in USA.
Attached Images

IMPEACH OBAMA

Barry is killing our Constitution
Old 11-01-2012, 09:43 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Here is a mid 90's Little Wonder branded Roto Hoe Briggs 5 HP walk behind blower. I'm going to strip it down, blast it, paint it (frame black, blower housing white) repower it a Honda 5.5 GX200. Bought it for $140, prob have it restored to new at $350 total. Already found a new engine for 200.

I know allot of people on here say the small walk blowers are useless but i totally disagree. I think if i had bought new i would have went 9 or 10 HP LW and sucked it up, but what i'll have in it to get it new it's work out very well. I think the between weight and cost i won't be to upset that it's only 5.5.

I rented a 10 HP LW and the spray band was 25', yea i could throttle down but the weight really took it's toll.

Gonna start a new thread on the restore.
Attached Images

IMPEACH OBAMA

Old 11-01-2012, 10:15 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I thought my little wonder was old.

Wrenches look sweet, should've got those combo packs?
Stay focused and leave distractions for those who will fail in their ventures
Old 11-01-2012, 10:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Anything over 19" in Armstrong is sold individually.

Yea the LW is a bit old but so was this John Deere Edger i restored. I love the old chit....

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=385567

IMPEACH OBAMA

Old 02-10-2013, 12:47 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Couple of deals over the winter....

Got this Bluebird Bedbug bed edger for 940 delivered. One of my ebay deals, the dealer was a complete jerk....but the deal was worth the headaches. Came with the cable layer too, prob sell that off.
Attached Images

IMPEACH OBAMA

Old 02-10-2013, 12:59 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Picked this blower up for 799.00 delivered, another eBay deal. 2011 Little Wonder Optimax Blower 9HP Subaru. Never used, brand new, and as far as i can tell never used. Gonna sell that old roto hoe blower that i had planned on restoring. Hoping to get about 3 for it so my net for a blower is 640. Not bad considering this blower is 1300 at a dealer.
Attached Images

IMPEACH OBAMA

Old 02-10-2013, 01:13 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Tahoe Power Equipment, say what????

Ok this one was definitely tasty. So anyone hear of Tahoe Power Equipment.....

Chirp

Chirp

Chirp

Didn't think so, sure not me. So i see an ad on craigslist for a TPE Pressure washer, 3" trash pump, wheelbarrow air compressor and 2 generators. At the time i still planned on restoring my Roto Hoe blower and i was going to repower it with a Honda GX200 and it just so happens that the trash pump and pressure washer had Honda GX200's on them. So i worked a deal for the trash pump for $200 and the pressure washer for $300, $500 total. I did some research on TPE and they are one of these companies that sell product on the secondary market meaning like people flag you down in parking lots kinda thing. 5 pieces of equipment for like 4K or something like that. Either way i got a killer deal.

So anyhow turns out that trash pumps have threaded shafts instead of keyway (yeah i know i should have known that) so they wont fit on a blower and i ended up selling my trash pump for 310. Kept the pressure washer as i only have 190 in it and i definitely have use for it.

The pump in chinese but i figure i can't lose for 190, worst case scenario i have a Honda GX200 engine out of it for half the cost. Over all the built quality seems very robust. I looked at a John Deere pressure washer today with the same engine for 719.00, not sure on pump but probably an import as well.
Attached Images

IMPEACH OBAMA

Last edited by Greyst1; 02-10-2013 at 01:19 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-10-2013, 01:23 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Deals are crack, so addictive but i ain't gonna pass on a good deal.

Got this brand new 1/2" Armstrong Torque Wrench for $78.00, they are $165.00 new. eBay has been great to me over the winter.
Attached Images

IMPEACH OBAMA

Old 02-10-2013, 12:04 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyst1 View Post
Couple of deals over the winter....

Got this Bluebird Bedbug bed edger for 940 delivered. One of my ebay deals, the dealer was a complete jerk....but the deal was worth the headaches. Came with the cable layer too, prob sell that off.
Hey i'd keep this cable installer.. They are used to install dog fence wire. That could be a income to you as a side job. also dog fence is installable in the winter.
2012 Scag tigercat
2005 cub cadet ztr
20ft open Trailer
12ft open Trailer
Stihl Trimmer
Echo Trimmer
Stihl backpack Blower

Next item will be hedge trimmers.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:42 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Picked up this Troybuilt 33" walk behind for 460. To my surprise this machine isn't all that bad, couldn't cut with it but it seemed to well made for a homeowner unit and it was easy to maneuver. Cleaned it up, changed the oil, cleaned the air filter, greased everything up and sold it the next day for 750. Not to bad for about 1 hour's worth of work.

IMPEACH OBAMA