Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-02-2012, 12:47 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grounds Crew View Post
Seems like more of a hassle than a benefit. I just fax over to the property manager all of the documents they ask for and that's about all I need.
Posted via Mobile Device
Its a total hassle, but its one less thing that the property managers have to deal with so they make us deal with Compliance depot. The larger management companies will ask you to join.

So you are from Washington? One of my clients has a couple apartment complexes in Seattle
Old 11-02-2012, 12:56 AM
LawnSite Member

I live in Bellevue/Seattle Washington. Where do you live? I'd be interested to know if those apartment complexes are going up for bid.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-02-2012, 01:00 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grounds Crew View Post
I live in Bellevue/Seattle Washington. Where do you live? I'd be interested to know if those apartment complexes are going up for bid.
Posted via Mobile Device
I'm from Northern CA.

They normally don't go out to bid unless they are unhappy. I can ask though.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:54 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSlandco View Post
We only do commercial, and we work mostly through property management companies. They don't always want the cheapest price, we are never the cheapest price. The management companies that we work for want quality work and to not have to babysit the landscaper.
Its hard to start doing commercial. If you have no experience most companies wont even bother talking to you. We started doing small business parks and slowly worked our way up to bigger and bigger properties.
If you plan on going commercial you will need $2million in insurance and an extra $1million umbrella policy.
i have 1 million now think that would be okay for smaller commercial places or industrail spots? not tryin to get too many yet like you said start small and work my way up the ladder
Old 11-02-2012, 07:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyles landscape View Post
i have 1 million now think that would be okay for smaller commercial places or industrail spots? not tryin to get too many yet like you said start small and work my way up the ladder
We do some really small spots that still require $2mil.
But hey if you can get away with $1mil stick with it until you are required to get more.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:08 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
We do some really small spots that still require $2mil.
But hey if you can get away with $1mil stick with it until you are required to get more.
ya thats what im hopin for i guess doesnt hurt to try. mainly just tryin to save up and get some more knowledge along with building my aresenal of equipment
Old 11-02-2012, 07:12 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
ya thats what im hopin for i guess doesnt hurt to try. mainly just tryin to save up and get some more knowledge along with building my aresenal of equipment
That's the way to do it. Landing a big contract and not having the equipment can be a big problem.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:20 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
That's the way to do it. Landing a big contract and not having the equipment can be a big problem.
sometimes i feel like if i have the equipment before the work i can go out and find it easier rather then get the work then the equipment as needed. i know thats backwards but i feel less confident if i dont
Old 11-02-2012, 07:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
sometimes i feel like if i have the equipment before the work i can go out and find it easier rather then get the work then the equipment as needed. i know thats backwards but i feel less confident if i dont
That's how I do it, people might say its wrong but hey it works for me. I always have a 36" mower on hand and ready to go before I have the work for it. If I find a good deal on Craigslist i'll buy it because I know I will have the work for it eventually.
Old 11-02-2012, 09:45 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
That's how I do it, people might say its wrong but hey it works for me. I always have a 36" mower on hand and ready to go before I have the work for it. If I find a good deal on Craigslist i'll buy it because I know I will have the work for it eventually.
yep plus u never know when something willl go wrong or maybe u need a part. i blew a motor on my 36 last week if i didnt have another i would have been screwed