Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-16-2012, 07:21 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobagger View Post
YUP! We installed on board cameras in our trucks for plowing because I got so sick and tired of a few people who couldn't get the concept of it's snowing 2"/hr and windy.....yeah, its going to look like we were never there an hour later! "Do ya want me to stream you the video to your email?" Customer..."No that wont be necessary, keep up the good work". LOL When you take pictures just make sure there's a time and date stamp on it. We do this for ALL of our fall clean ups if they aren't home and keep them all until their final bill is paid.
What brand of on board cameras do you use? Will they store multiple days worth of video and do you need to download each night?
Old 12-01-2012, 03:16 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I am finding more and more of my clients have Cameras on their homes. I still want GPS but the door hangers seem like a good idea too.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:28 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duekster View Post
I am finding more and more of my clients have Cameras on their homes. I still want GPS but the door hangers seem like a good idea too.
Good reason not to pee in the bushes!
Old 12-01-2012, 09:06 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

cameras

http://www.spytechs.com/Car-Cameras/dual-view-cam.htm

I just bought this.....I have just been playing with it but so far it seems to be pretty good......it records on 16gb SD cards......it will be great for plowing.....but I will need to modify the mount for cleanups...

'My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it.' - Barack Obama
Old 12-19-2012, 10:36 PM
LawnSite Member

A door hanger with date and time would be good. Also I would think that fresh stripes on the lawn from the mowers and or no leaves on the lawn would also be a good indication that we were there. Never had that problem.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-20-2012, 08:20 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

If the leaves are really coming down, it can look like I was never there 1 hr after I finish
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-21-2012, 06:45 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by newguy123 View Post
I keep a running log of each customer I service along with the date and time. I could go back and tell you what customer I mowed last August (2011) on a Thursday at 9am. Having a running log should do the trick. Kind of hard to lie about 5+ months of writing times and dates for customers properties you took care of, especially when you can go back months and months.
I do the same thing. I can go back at least 10 years and tell any customer details about my visit to their house on any given day.

Old 12-21-2012, 08:45 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I just bought an iPhone app yesterday. it's called noreastern storm systems. It's pretty basic but I plan to use it a lot. they have a mowing version and a plowing version. it's just a digital log pretty much but it stores all the customer info and you can click the little box showing what services you completed. you can also take a picture right in the app then email a "receipt" right to the customer. I think it gives a time stamp in the pic as well. the app was 99 cents. they have a free version but that one doesn't store the customer info. for 2 bucks, I think I found something good. I think I read over on plowsite that the app writer for this is a plowsite member.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have been comtemplating a Go-Pro camera with a mount for my truck. records video in front of every house. Also has an attachment to body mount it too if I so desire.. I already use door hangers and lawn flags.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:44 PM
LawnSite Member

if the leaves are coming down THAT hard in one area where we think the lawn will be covered right after we leave or if the wind is blowing THAT hard, we often move to a different area to work that day or perform a different service. we usually do 2 huge leaf cleanups at each property in the Fall after mowing has slowed. the results are obvious when we leave even if leaves are still falling.

sounds like your customer is a PITA. i would either reconsider the conditions in which you do leaf cleanups or find customers that don't question your integrity...