Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 11-08-2012, 06:10 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjohn2000 View Post
Flo pros had to be one of the first jartop valves? I have had only a few run ins with flow pros, most of the time replacing them. Wish they made a retrofit like new guts, solenoids and a bonnet to fit and old flo pro body.
They were trying for the market Richdel had developed with their jartop, now known as the Irritrol 2400, and since Toro bought out their competition, they had no need to invest any more effort on the Flo Pro.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:16 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet_Boots View Post
They were trying for the market Richdel had developed with their jartop, now known as the Irritrol 2400, and since Toro bought out their competition, they had no need to invest any more effort on the Flo Pro.
Were Ricdel's that white valve that is identical to the Irritrol jartop? Were they made in carson city? I might have one..
Old 11-09-2012, 06:00 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Yep, the white valve is the first jartop, and was labeled R204AT. Richdel was in Carson City.
Old 11-09-2012, 07:15 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Yep, the white valve is the first jartop, and was labeled R204AT. Richdel was in Carson City.
hey Bootsie, what was the model number of the valve that was similar to the Irritrol 205, that was a globe/angle valve? Had a bottom and back inlet, and I have seen it in white and also red.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:18 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I never saw a Richdel valve in red, but I have some they made for Nelson in a dark green. They did a globe-angle valve that used the original R204 'classic' diaphragm assembly, and I think it was numbered R213, on account of the connections were 3/4-inch. (their original 1-inch globe-angle valve was an oversized mutant that had the diaphragm assembly and bonnet of the 1-1/2 inch valve)
Old 11-09-2012, 09:41 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
(their original 1-inch globe-angle valve was an oversized mutant that had the diaphragm assembly and bonnet of the 1-1/2 inch valve)
This is the one I'm thinking of. It was over sized on the bonnet and diaphragm. Not sure if this was the one in red I have seen, but it was somewhere in the 205 style family. Only seen them twice. Still see the occasional white one.