Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-27-2013, 01:29 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grady1 View Post
That is bullspit. I'm demo'ing one for the weekend and the junk Deere's and toro's don't hold a candle to these Kubota's. Grant it for every 10 posts that you read on here about the Kohlers being junk, you'll read 10 more that say the Briggs are junk, blah blah blah, you can't keep up.

The ROPS not folding down is not an issue in the least bit. It' s maybe 5' 10"-6' off the ground and if you have branches hanging down below that it's time to get out your saw.

Does anyone own one of these ZG's or actually have experience with them? Thanks. Grady
My point was this mower was not suspose to compete with the commercial stuff, that's why they have the 200 and 300 series. I own a ZD326, I think the 300 series is kinda in a class of its own, but kubota made me mad using kholer engines and hydro-gear hydros. Kubota already makes their own small twin engine I would much rather have. Yes its a good mower, but its not going to compete with 8 grand mowers most of us run. Also you have never caought a tree with your rops before, I got my mower air born one time with it up lol and it weighs over a ton. Its made to compete with bad boys sold at TSC and what not, not a exmark lazer, or JD900 series.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-27-2013, 01:49 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCLawn and more View Post
My point was this mower was not suspose to compete with the commercial stuff, that's why they have the 200 and 300 series. I own a ZD326, I think the 300 series is kinda in a class of its own, but kubota made me mad using kholer engines and hydro-gear hydros. Kubota already makes their own small twin engine I would much rather have. Yes its a good mower, but its not going to compete with 8 grand mowers most of us run. Also you have never caought a tree with your rops before, I got my mower air born one time with it up lol and it weighs over a ton. Its made to compete with bad boys sold at TSC and what not, not a exmark lazer, or JD900 series.
Posted via Mobile Device
JC, you are absolutely right the 300 series are in a class of their own. Having run a 331 & 326 for the better part of 2 summers, there is nothing that comes close to them. Oh and as far as catching something on the ROPS. Had a brand new 331, it didn't have 10 hrs on it, caught a ground wire with it. Ouch! I just measured the ZG, it's exactly 5' 7" off the ground. I do have to disagree with you about being made to compete with the BB's, it's still a Kubota for God's sake. You know how they're built.
Old 04-27-2013, 01:51 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
JC, you are absolutely right the 300 series are in a class of their own. Having run a 331 & 326 for the better part of 2 summers, there is nothing that comes close to them. Oh and as far as catching something on the ROPS. Had a brand new 331, it didn't have 10 hrs on it, caught a ground wire with it. Ouch! I just measured the ZG, it's exactly 5' 7" off the ground. I do have to disagree with you about being made to compete with the BB's, it's still a Kubota for God's sake. You know how they're built.
Sadly its only a kubota chassis and deck on this one.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-27-2013, 02:11 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
That is bullspit. I'm demo'ing one for the weekend and the junk Deere's and toro's don't hold a candle to these Kubota's. Grant it for every 10 posts that you read on here about the Kohlers being junk, you'll read 10 more that say the Briggs are junk, blah blah blah, you can't keep up.

The ROPS not folding down is not an issue in the least bit. It' s maybe 5' 10"-6' off the ground and if you have branches hanging down below that it's time to get out your saw.

Does anyone own one of these ZG's or actually have experience with them? Thanks. Grady
Junk Deere's and Toro's?
I hope you are referring to the stuff sold at the BB stores. The commercial lines in either brand are far, far from junk.

The rops folding is a great thing. Not folding is just dumb. Get out your saw? Better get permission from the HO before you start cutting their trees?branches or else you may not have to worry about mowing their lawn for very long.
Old 04-27-2013, 03:29 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
Junk Deere's and Toro's?
I hope you are referring to the stuff sold at the BB stores. The commercial lines in either brand are far, far from junk.

The rops folding is a great thing. Not folding is just dumb. Get out your saw? Better get permission from the HO before you start cutting their trees?branches or else you may not have to worry about mowing their lawn for very long.
Yes, that was directed towards the big box stores. And cutting HO's branches? We're talking about a residential mower here, not for business.
Old 04-27-2013, 04:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Still looking to go to dealer this wk or Monday, working 2nd shift is killing my shopping time.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-27-2013, 05:28 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Let us know what you think. I'm looking at a ferris evolution and this could be a cheaper option for me.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-27-2013, 05:46 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:

Please let us know what your thoughts are on this mower, which model you demoing
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-27-2013, 07:12 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezer1 View Post
Please let us know what your thoughts are on this mower, which model you demoing
Posted via Mobile Device
The ZG 127S. Well other than the 50 minutes that it took me to mow my 1.2 acres, that's the only time I got in the seat. I do like it, just not sure I like it enough to take the $5700 plunge. I haven't found anyone yet that owns one to get some feedback.
Old 04-28-2013, 10:31 PM
LawnSite Member

For $5700 I would probably jump into a Scag Freedom Z or a Bad Boy...