Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-13-2013, 05:18 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retrodog View Post
I hear that a lot, my mower reps get excited when they get in a bit tractor dealership, they don't understand it hurts them more than helps. Our dealer had Gravely, but always tried to sell bota first, I always sent them back to look at the other mowers again.... Out of the 65 brands I feel whole heartily that deere and bota have the least mower to offer for the most money everytime, specially when figuring long time ownership of parts and labor also at a tractor dealer. There are some tractor dealers that are easy to deal with, but its rare
Its pretty hard to say that about the kubota diesel. Bad boy is the only one that has them beat in price. I paid $12,800 in 2011. Scag was 18k, dixie was 18k+, JD would of been 17k, grasshopper over 20k for the 900's. Also none of the except JD and a wet cluch that is not a wear item, and none of them have as heavy duty of a transaxel system, and none of them as good as of trans cooling system as far as I know. Ya parts are going to be through the roof, but in 1020hrs I've had to replace one deck belt. I think in the next 1000 hrs I might have to replace the drive shaft. That's it.
Old 08-13-2013, 11:21 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Man those are high prices.. I sold a 325d grasshopper yesterday for 12800 yesterday (930 front mount is much different type of mower than a mid mount, but even those I do around $17 to 18...). The 430d is more around 15k, the grasshoppers are usually same as boat... SCAG diesel around $14k, gravely 400 with Kubota diesel around 12800 (fleet discount),... 35hp cat 4 cylinder diesel Bb 12999 28hp cat $11499...etc
Old 08-14-2013, 06:28 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retrodog View Post
Man those are high prices.. I sold a 325d grasshopper yesterday for 12800 yesterday (930 front mount is much different type of mower than a mid mount, but even those I do around $17 to 18...). The 430d is more around 15k, the grasshoppers are usually same as boat... SCAG diesel around $14k, gravely 400 with Kubota diesel around 12800 (fleet discount),... 35hp cat 4 cylinder diesel Bb 12999 28hp cat $11499...etc
Ya I was quoted 18k on a 726d back in 2011. Here a 72inch gravely gas your looking at mid 12's. Ya 18k on a scag turf tiger with that CAT was him cutting me a deal. The grasshopper 726d I did not like the radiator setup because it looked the same as my 94 721d. When it gets dry and your eating grass the radiator plugs in 30min-a hour. The kubota I sometimes have to clean once a month. I would much rather have a 930d than my kubota though. 430d I don't know why they don't do a flex front axel, same with every mower. It cuts out a ton of bumps and the deck floats better. Kubota and ferris are the only ones that have that. Grasshopper front mounts now have the full floating front deck and pivoting rear axel, I imagine it must ride like a Cadillac. Ya around here nothing could touch my price on the kubota for what I got. Diesel, shaft drive through transaxels, wet clutch, shaft drive deck, greaseable everything, 360 degree pivoting anti scalp wheels, pivoting front axel, integrated mower lift with the front axel, hydraulic deck lift witch lifts the deck faster than what a foot lift can, and diesel. Gravely around here won't stock diesel and they will steer you away from them as much as possible. But now that 997 for that 17k you get diesel, electric lift, greasable bearings and a wet clutch. Still better than the scag dealer here.

Last edited by JCLawn and more; 08-14-2013 at 06:33 AM.