Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-01-2012, 05:11 PM
LawnSite Member

Leaf Loader Help

We recently purchased a used Lesco 16hp debris loader to help us with some leaf removal in a 160 townhouse community. It has the swing away hitch and we are mounting it on the rear of our F550. The part that extends into the truck is 6" square and we need to extend it about 2 feet further into the truck. What are your suggestions?
We tried some flimsy roofing tin but it was quickly worn away. We need something a little stronger. Thanks for your expertise.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:50 PM
LawnSite Member

a welding shop will do it cheap have them make is 6 inch at the top and have them weld on like a extension piece on the bottom 1-3 inches that slides over the loader and you will have to drill the holes if you search" leaf monster" by grasschoppers mine is posted on their i have the 16hp lesco and i mounted it on my trailer (no hitch mount). i might be able to get pics if you choose
Old 11-02-2012, 07:23 AM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for your reply. I was thinking something like a round piece of hose or even a piece of pvc. It would have to be at least 9" in diameter to fit over a 6" square pipe. Would that work? What do others use?
Old 11-02-2012, 07:33 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The pvc trick does work,
But if you are going to use this set jp for a while go ahead and do it correctly. Shoot by a fabricators shop and have them extend it for you. In the long run you will be glad you did.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-02-2012, 08:15 AM
LawnSite Member

For my discharge shoot I used black ribbed 10" but I would be afraid to use it as an extension. for what it cost I agree with dependable it makes a big difference.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-02-2012, 07:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with the fab shop. I would have them make it so the extension can come off and on. Never know when the extension may be too long for some reason. When I bought my 2007, I had to add to the vertical section of the tube on my Billy Goat Loader. They actually make a extension that bolts on. I like it that way. If I want to use the 99 for a clean up I simply can unbolt the extension.
Blizzard 860HD
7 1/2 ft Western Plow
Toro 7/24 snowblower
2 Toro CCR 2450 snowblowers
48" Allis Chalmers
48" Ferris WB
36" Exmark Viking
21" Toro
21" Poulan Pro
2- Echo PB755H
Echo & Ryobi trimmers
Echo PAS 265 & attachments
Stihl & Poulan chain saws
Stihl BP blower
Stihl FS-56RC-E Trimmer
Billy Goat 16hp HTR Loader
Pesticide License BU0426
A Positive Outlook
Old 11-03-2012, 09:24 AM
LawnSite Member

It's at the end of the discharge chute where i need the extra length. I think I'll try the plastic 10" ribbed pipe first is I can find some.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:26 PM
LawnSite Member

I have seen guys use a traffic cone to extend, it is nice to use at the point where the hose enteres the box, it remains flexable. I mounted my vac on the top of my F350, it has been like that for 10 years, I would never do it any other way. We pull an enclosed trailer so I couldnt put it on the hitch, the swing out set up is a pain when dumping. Good luck, keep us posted. We start sucking up leaves this week, Had a small issue with carb on 16 HP Briggs, this gas is awful for small engines. what are you guys using for additives??
Old 11-03-2012, 08:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Currinson View Post
I have seen guys use a traffic cone to extend, it is nice to use at the point where the hose enteres the box, it remains flexable. I mounted my vac on the top of my F350, it has been like that for 10 years, I would never do it any other way. We pull an enclosed trailer so I couldnt put it on the hitch, the swing out set up is a pain when dumping. Good luck, keep us posted. We start sucking up leaves this week, Had a small issue with carb on 16 HP Briggs, this gas is awful for small engines. what are you guys using for additives??
Do you have a pic of that set up???

John Deere
Troybilt
Husqvarna
Echo
Old 11-04-2012, 10:08 PM
LawnSite Member

I have posted some on this site already, I will try to locate them. It won't let me post the same file.