Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-26-2003, 09:09 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

12' Flatbed w/Dump Price

I've done the searches on the subject but have had no luck. I need to find info for what it will cost to install a 12' Flatbed w/Dump on a F-350. It there is thread on the subject, I would like to see it, if not, lets have at it. Also need to know of good places that do this in KY area.
Old 01-26-2003, 09:21 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I would check with Manning Trucking in Louisville. I purchased a 8' Crysteel Landscape dump bed for 2800.00 and it installed by a local guy for 750.00.

One question is the truck have standard wheel base or is the truck a long wheel base.

It going to be difficult to put a 12 foot bed on a reg c/c. The wheel base is not long enough in my opinion.

MARK DOUGLAS
Old 01-26-2003, 08:04 PM
LawnSite Member

Your truck has the 161wb if not you can't put a 12' foot dump deck on it but you said long wheelbase so it must be 161. I'am in the process of putting a 12x8 dumping flatdeck on a 89 F-Superduty truck I already have a deck its going to take alot of work to beef it up because its a freightdeck so it doesn't have enough ridgidity. I have to build dump rails and subframe and make the front of the deck accept the brackets for the telescoping post hoist. I wont use a scissor hoist they don't lift enough plus they add alot of extra weight to the truck the post hoist I will use will bend the frame on the truck before it powers out. The only drawback of using a post hoist is I have to put a dog house in the headache rack or I can have a 10" gap between the cab and flush mount the hoist.

Anyhow if you don't have a deck I got quoted 8900 dollars CND for a Factory built flatdeck like a Ohmaha with a post hoist I don't think the price included the hydraulic pump.

A contractor friend of mine just had a scissor hoist set up installed into his Chevy flat which has a 12 foot deck it cost him 3200 dollars CND installed he already had a deck mounted onto the truck. His set up uses 12volt hydraulic my set up is going to use PTO hydraulic because I haul load after load and PTO hydraulic is faster and stronger and doesn't kill your battery.

The 12v Hydraulic set up is going to cost roughly 400 dollars CND a PTO and hydraulic pump and controls probably around 800 dollars.

If you don't have the place or tools todo this look at spending another 500 plus depending what has tobe done.