Register free!

Old 11-02-2012, 07:51 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Florida Amendments

This is Florida Specific but also political as well but thought this would be the place to place this thread to get the most interaction from the Florida crowd.

Have you guys reviewed your sample ballot and researched it yet?

What are you thoughts on the amendments this year? There are a lot of them for sure. Just interested in hearing your thought for or against the potential amendments as in the regular political forums they are active with the normal right vs left but these amendments are important as well to our state IMHO and there has been little talk about them.

Thanks and look forward to the exchange of ideas.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 11-02-2012, 08:30 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

i looked at them and looked them up last night some i like and will vote for and some i dont like and will not vote for..
Old 11-02-2012, 08:30 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Some poorly worded ones this year. Intentionally confusing for the masses. Some are no brainers. The one about letting the legislature name justices is about as ballsy as it gets. Screw the snowbirds, they need to pay full share. Once again government is trying to weasel its way into the abortion isssue, leave it up to the woman. The last thing we need is more unwanted kids to take care of.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-03-2012, 12:26 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
Some poorly worded ones this year. Intentionally confusing for the masses. Some are no brainers. The one about letting the legislature name justices is about as ballsy as it gets. Screw the snowbirds, they need to pay full share. Once again government is trying to weasel its way into the abortion isssue, leave it up to the woman. The last thing we need is more unwanted kids to take care of.
Posted via Mobile Device
It appears that I share similar views on many of these with you. Essentially many of these if not all are essentially tax breaks. I am with you on the snow birds for sure. They can kiss my tail. They are fortunate enough to have two homes, one here and one elsewhere , and we should give them a tax break now? Really? The koch brothers spent a good amount from my understanding wanting to remove those justices. And I agree with you on the women, why should I or the Gov't be able to tell them what they can not do with their body? How much does the average unwanted child cost us in the long run?

Last but not least, you are correct, the wording on the amendments is written in a way which is not common to most of the public, but often made to sound like you are voting for one issue but when in fact you would not like that issue to pass. Which is why is might be a good thing to discuss here.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 11-03-2012, 04:01 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Bay news 9 breaks each one down into layman terms on their website. The problem with that is the older folks that aren't computer savvy and THINK they know what they are voting on. I voted early this year and was amazed at the turnout already. I really hope people are using their heads and not going by stupid tv commercials.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-03-2012, 09:15 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I am currently out to dinner with the family and went by our early voting location, the line was out of the library and wrapped around the parking lot, this at 8 pm on a saturday...i will say turnout should be good as that place has been packed
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-04-2012, 03:44 PM
LawnSite Member

Weren't a some amendments voted on a few years ago and thrown out afterwords because of the wording... this year the wording on them seems just as bad and I doubt when the final voting comes in it will really reflect what people wanted. I certainly had to look online for translations of the bill so Im good to go this Tuesday.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:52 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

What the hell is wrong with this state? Can we pull off one major election without effing up? I can't believe we voted down the penny tax increase. People need to start seeing the bigger picture beyond their own ignorant noses.

Forward to the cliff lemmings, forward!
Posted via Mobile Device