Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 11-09-2012, 09:44 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I hate it when people bash Cat's purely over bucket size, put a bigger bucket on it if it bugs you. We run a 80" Bobcat 1.5 cubic yard bucket and it fricken moves mountains with more than enough power to grab a mafia block.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-09-2012, 10:46 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

i've been looking at purely stats..and it seems from a pure data standpoint that cat and tak are equal as far as tipping weight. I wont be loading trucks....im most concerned with a low center of gravity as I will be climbing to some extent and light foot print for the turf i will be driving over (and hopefully not fixing after). The data just doesnt seem to jive with the seat of the pants feel though...kinda wierd. Speed doesn't matter to me so much, I only have a 1/3 mile to plow and the driveway is lined with metal edging...lol.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post
I hate it when people bash Cat's purely over bucket size, put a bigger bucket on it if it bugs you. We run a 80" Bobcat 1.5 cubic yard bucket and it fricken moves mountains with more than enough power to grab a mafia block.
Posted via Mobile Device
That's why I said standard bucket

Cat must have an erection over those buckets because that's what they all come with.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:52 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced Wall Structures View Post
I say pay the extra couple grand for a T770 with 2 speed if price isn't an issue

We have a T770 loaded with pilot controls and 2 speed and a T750 without the 2 speed. I use it all the time and its awesome for plowing. Also pick up cubes of keystone, 5k pound boulders, chilton pallets, pavers etc without issue on both machines. The T770 just does it faster.

I would say give Case a shot too but I hated the TV380 I demoed. Cab doesn't seem as well thought out as the Cat or Bobcat and I really like my roller suspension in our Bobcats. Like you said the 289C with torsion suspension felt light out back and I just wasn't impressed. Standard bucket is awful unless you like to grade and never carry any type of material.

Enjoy loading dump trucks with the T770 too. Super quick cycling and I have no issues with reach even with guys cheater boards. Full buckets of sand all the way up and machine never feels tippy.

Closing in on 700 hrs and got the machine June of 2011.

This is coming from someone that used to be all about the Power Tan. Now its more whatever performs best and Korean Orange and White are winning from what I can see.
Please excuse my ignorance....orange and white...bobcats are korean? What do you mean by power tan?
Old 11-09-2012, 11:10 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Bobcat ron...do you agree that cats feel light out back? My seat of the pants feel is 5 years old at this point...lol. Someone mentioned that the tak's are noisy....like an old bobcat?
Old 11-09-2012, 11:23 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdlwn1 View Post
Bobcat ron...do you agree that cats feel light out back? My seat of the pants feel is 5 years old at this point...lol. Someone mentioned that the tak's are noisy....like an old bobcat?
They only feel light because of the torsion axles. They squat when you curl the bucket in under a load and the heel hits the ground and people say they have no power. I've had the same amount of weight on the forks of the company's 277C as I did on my TL130 and it feels the same, and my machine was smaller and rigid.
Cab noise is all in how you are running it, wide open throttle and driving across hard ground will rattle the cab, but on the other side of the scale, I get real tired of the same rattling noise from the 277C's apparently smoother ride.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-10-2012, 08:10 AM
LawnSite Member

If you go the Takeuchi route....try to get a TL240. A friend of mine has the new TL10 and told me it takes about $40.00 a day more in fuel than his TL240 due to the emissions stuff.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:40 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by excav8ter View Post
If you go the Takeuchi route....try to get a TL240. A friend of mine has the new TL10 and told me it takes about $40.00 a day more in fuel than his TL240 due to the emissions stuff.
The new engine is bigger but 10 gallons extra a day? According too Taks website it went up from 3.1 to 3.3 gallons per hour.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:43 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

My neighbor just got a new Cat and for riding up and down the driveway listening too music it is a dream.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:06 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by excav8ter View Post
That's strange. My buddy at CAT says they're getting pretty good fuel consumption out of the new Tier IV engines over the previous models.