Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 11-09-2012, 10:30 AM

Air knife?

I saw this on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200843725066...84.m1555.l2649

I'm tempted. Those things are worth well over $1,000 new. I just don't know if it's worth it. That means I have to rent a ginormous compressor.

Any of you have experience with these? Wil the time I save be worth the higher estimates I have to give customers due to compressor rental?
Old 11-09-2012, 11:57 AM

Air knife/spades are well worth the money when buying new. Thats seems almost too good to be true. If not, I dont think that price is going to stay low. The biggest thing with it is you must be able to sell the work. If you only pay a couple hundred for it, it wont matter really. Check into the rental on the compressor and see if you can cover the costs with income. If it is looking profitable then you have your answer. They do save a ton of time with excivations. Also look into all of the other services you can now provide like radial trenching, airation for tree roots, preservation work ect. Gives you more selling points (possible revinue streams). Then just line up the jobs so you only have to rent the compressor once and bang them out. Good luck, let us know how you make out in 6 or 7 days
Old 11-09-2012, 02:17 PM

Hopefully not too many other people see it over the next week!
Old 11-10-2012, 07:46 AM

I promise I wont bid on it... I cant sell the service enough in my area, and I got way too much tree work above the ground to get into below. Also I have a gread sub that I can get to do all that below grade stuff when I do need it. Good luck
Old 11-12-2012, 02:52 PM

thanks brother