The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-20-2012, 09:25 AM
Mr. Force™, Billy Goat Industries's Avatar
Mr. Force™, Billy Goat Industries Mr. Force™, Billy Goat Industries is offline
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_14385 View Post
I have the Billy Goat Force 13HP SP and love it. But at my age of 53 I would like to sit on some large jobs for more productivity. So what is the difference in power? FORCE 13HPSP or Z- FORCE. Will my discharge 1 inch large on my FORCE 13 HP get more CFM than the Z- FORCE 13 hp with that 1 inch smaller one? Thank you.
With the F-Z you'll get less CFM but more MPH than with the F13. It all comes down to the housing and discharge size. We couldn't use the HDPE housing with the Z-Force because of being propelled by a ZTR. If the end user smashed the housing at high speed into a low hanging limb or something similar and caused the housing and impeller to fail while operational the ZTR operator could be injured by the resulting failure. In short we gave up some performance for safety. Get a demo of the F-Z to see what you think for yourself if interested.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:28 AM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepatsfan View Post
whats the m.s.r.p. on the ZTR one?
$2,675 is the list price but this does not include the JRCO mount for your specific ZTR. That runs $100 to $150 depending on your ZTR.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:36 AM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 seasons lawn&land View Post
wheres the 18 hp vanguard also? I like the nifty belt driven discharge swivel.
We're focusing on the 13hp at this point as market research has indicated that's where the sweet spot is. Once the product gets on it's feet then we'll invest more into other hp offerings and other applications The 18hp is the next one in line though.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:43 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Ya I have the 18 horse leg propelled model. Power is like drugs. You cant use less. You just get used to it and need more. I wont be satisfied until sod starts peeling up lol
Old 11-20-2012, 05:49 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Force™, Billy Goat Industries View Post
That's incredibly rude. Have you actually tried it? Seriously, if you've got nothing nice to say and are ignorant to it's actual performance and characteristics keep your opinion to yourself. Taking pot shots a sponsors when you have no experience in what you're crowing about shows no class on your part.
Might be rude but i'm entitled to my own opinion. Also if you don't want people to post "not nice" things about your product then don't post it for all to see on a public forum.

I'm not going to sugar coat things for you or anyone else for that matter. If i think it sucks i will say so.
2010 Equipment/Stripe thread Here
2009 Equipment/Stripe thread Here
Hurricane blower video Here
Old 11-20-2012, 06:47 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Force™, Billy Goat Industries View Post
We're focusing on the 13hp at this point as market research has indicated that's where the sweet spot is. Once the product gets on it's feet then we'll invest more into other hp offerings and other applications The 18hp is the next one in line though.

Now regarding the walk behinds, I understand the shoot is 1 inch larger on the 18 hp Briggs verses the 13 hp Honda as well. So in your professional opinion do you think the 18hp has a much more cfm & psi then the 13 hp Honda ? Thank You in advance.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:58 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEGOLDPRO View Post
Might be rude but i'm entitled to my own opinion. Also if you don't want people to post "not nice" things about your product then don't post it for all to see on a public forum.

I'm not going to sugar coat things for you or anyone else for that matter. If i think it sucks i will say so.
But what are you basing that statement on? Have you had a chance to do demo one for an extended amount of time or are you just going off of how it looks in pictures on the internet or in the video?

I could say that the Hurricane is overpriced and the larger model is just a glorified stander with a blower mounted on it. Is that a fair assessment on my part? no, because I've never used one.

There is a machine for everyone and I'm sure the F-Z will do well for Billy Goat and someone, hopefully on this Forum will purchase one and do an honest and in depth review of the unit.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:55 PM
LawnSite Member

Got to play around on the brown stander today at a dealer. That thing moves a lot of air. Not many leaves to test it on but it would move some huge piles imo. Louder than hell too lol. Would love to have it but a little pricy
Old 11-22-2012, 08:32 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer_Z View Post
But what are you basing that statement on? Have you had a chance to do demo one for an extended amount of time or are you just going off of how it looks in pictures on the internet or in the video?

I could say that the Hurricane is overpriced and the larger model is just a glorified stander with a blower mounted on it. Is that a fair assessment on my part? no, because I've never used one.

There is a machine for everyone and I'm sure the F-Z will do well for Billy Goat and someone, hopefully on this Forum will purchase one and do an honest and in depth review of the unit.
You can just watch the video and see that its weak and doesn't blow that much air. I dont need to demo one to see that.

Also "Overpriced" is subjective, It might be for priced for you but not for me.
2010 Equipment/Stripe thread Here
2009 Equipment/Stripe thread Here
Hurricane blower video Here
Old 11-22-2012, 08:49 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I think you guys need to upgrade https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JO3ymqfPrxA