Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-10-2012, 02:48 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Jungle Jim racks

Are jungle jim's 2 trimmer and 1 backpack blower rack any good?

What are the pros/cons

Website
Like our Facebook Page!
Snapper CP218520
Snapper 21351PD new engine
LawnBoy 10227 wi/bagger
Kawasaki KRB650B
Stihl BG55
John Deere
Shindaiwa T242
Shindaiwa RS41
Husqvarna 445 saw
Stihl MS210C
Kawasaki KHDS600A
Stihl KM90R wi/ trimmer/blower/edger
2014 Quality Steel and Aluminum 5x8 Utility Trailer.
Toro single stage snow thrower.

Click here for my work thread!
The kid who cuts lawns, and does it very well
Old 11-10-2012, 05:25 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I got the 3 trimmer rack and double blower rack ..I like them so far no damage to the equipment and easy to use
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-10-2012, 11:09 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by STIHL GUY View Post
I got the 3 trimmer rack and double blower rack ..I like them so far no damage to the equipment and easy to use
Posted via Mobile Device
I have 2 single blower racks and love them. Found them online new for like $57 or something so I love them
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-11-2012, 11:07 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I have used Jungle Jims since the beginning.

They are durable, they have lasted 11 years so far, however, I had a problem with the trimmer racks beating up my trimmers.

"Jungle gear caddy or how to turn your 500 dollar trimmer into Scab Material."

This was the title to my post of this picture from 2005.
I had to modify mine by bending the hooks in towards the pole and taping the hooks fat that the trimmers ride on to the point of a tight cushioning fit when locked down, because the cheap plastic tips did not hold them tight [one size does not fit all]and they wore out. [that was the fix for me]
Until I did that, the trimmers would just rattle around every time you hit a bump in the road, wearing into the trimmer shaft and damaging wires, cables, etc.

It doesn't look to me they have changed the design in the 11 years that I have owned mine. Given the opportunity, had I known then what I know now, I would pass on them.
The picture is of a then an expensive 6 month old Shindaiwa. That being said, after I modified them with tape, and changed trimmer brands from Shindaiwa to Red Max and Stihl, I can say that no matter what brand trimmer you buy, this brand trimmer rack still sux out of the box.

I have 3 trimmer rack
2 blower pole The old style was good, the new style we lost a blower.
Water cooler holder, okay

My favorite, spool mate, holds trimmer line tight and secure and has a cutter bar to cut the line.

Jungle wheels, work good, 2nd pair in 11 years.
Attached Images

Last edited by captken; 11-11-2012 at 11:17 AM.
Old 11-11-2012, 11:58 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by captken View Post
I have used Jungle Jims since the beginning.

They are durable, they have lasted 11 years so far, however, I had a problem with the trimmer racks beating up my trimmers.

"Jungle gear caddy or how to turn your 500 dollar trimmer into Scab Material."

This was the title to my post of this picture from 2005.
I had to modify mine by bending the hooks in towards the pole and taping the hooks fat that the trimmers ride on to the point of a tight cushioning fit when locked down, because the cheap plastic tips did not hold them tight [one size does not fit all]and they wore out. [that was the fix for me]
Until I did that, the trimmers would just rattle around every time you hit a bump in the road, wearing into the trimmer shaft and damaging wires, cables, etc.

It doesn't look to me they have changed the design in the 11 years that I have owned mine. Given the opportunity, had I known then what I know now, I would pass on them.
The picture is of a then an expensive 6 month old Shindaiwa. That being said, after I modified them with tape, and changed trimmer brands from Shindaiwa to Red Max and Stihl, I can say that no matter what brand trimmer you buy, this brand trimmer rack still sux out of the box.

I have 3 trimmer rack
2 blower pole The old style was good, the new style we lost a blower.
Water cooler holder, okay

My favorite, spool mate, holds trimmer line tight and secure and has a cutter bar to cut the line.

Jungle wheels, work good, 2nd pair in 11 years.
So, what your saying is they are good with a modification.

Website
Like our Facebook Page!
Snapper CP218520
Snapper 21351PD new engine
LawnBoy 10227 wi/bagger
Kawasaki KRB650B
Stihl BG55
John Deere
Shindaiwa T242
Shindaiwa RS41
Husqvarna 445 saw
Stihl MS210C
Kawasaki KHDS600A
Stihl KM90R wi/ trimmer/blower/edger
2014 Quality Steel and Aluminum 5x8 Utility Trailer.
Toro single stage snow thrower.

Click here for my work thread!
The kid who cuts lawns, and does it very well
Old 11-11-2012, 01:11 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

some pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawasaki guy View Post
So, what your saying is they are good with a modification.
LONG but hear my complaints. They present a valid argument to using these products over a period of time, ownership.

For me it works, I cannot remember what I paid for them just over 11 years ago. but they were not cheap!

I haven't shopped around for an alternative, since I already own these, but if I were looking to buy, I'd shop around.

The new style blower rack is of different design than the one I first bought.
The first one worked okay until I jack knifed my trailer backing up and totaled it.
I don't know for sure, because my guy said he properly secured the Red Max 8000 blower in the bottom holder, but I hit some hard bumps, where pavement was built up over the years resurfacing the street, around a drainage grating, a pretty good bump, lost the blower. I didn't know until some one told me at a stop light. I never found it.

We NEVER use the blower pole because of this episode. My guy might have been lying and said he properly secured it, but by looking at the design closely, you can see how easy it is to not remember to slap the pole hard to dislodge it as the bar that falls across the hook to secure the blower sticks in the upright position, once you remember to slap the pole so the bar falls, you still have to secure it by placing a lock or by other means into the locking hole.....Gravity is the only thing that holds this bar in place on top of the blower handle, if you do not use something.
However:
It was a good excuse to buy a new blower and I was so impressed with it, that I went and bought a second one!
Husqvarna 580bts, very impressive! I might add.

Jungle Jims is junk.
This is only my opinion, there are probably others who will disagree.
Look at the diagram at:
http://www.junglejimsap.com/uploads/2BH.pdf

I don't know about you, but to have to fool with a padlock and a locking hole every time you put a blower on and take it off is not what I want to do making many stops in a short period of time.

We safely secure our 2 new blowers in the bed of the truck. I will never again use this rack.

I have pictures of my modified cooler rack which also failed if you care to see them.

The only 2 things that they got right, in my opinion, is the spool mate and the jungle wheels.
Attached Images

Last edited by captken; 11-11-2012 at 01:18 PM.
Old 11-11-2012, 01:38 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

a better picture

This bar sticks in the upright position...It also, s**! And if you are not careful, will cause you to lose your blower!

notice the cheap plastic caps on the bar and hook.
Attached Images

Last edited by captken; 11-11-2012 at 01:42 PM. Reason: I'm on a roll!
Old 11-16-2012, 12:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

i welded my own weedeater racks/blower racks/toolbox/miscellaneous box together and in all cost me around $60. It took me maybe 6 hours of work to do everything. I put the soft side of velcro where the weedeaters sit, and I have no damage on mine whatsoever and Ive been using these racks since February.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Got pics Zackv?
Old 11-16-2012, 11:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I can take some, but they will be really small because my crappy phone takes reeeally small pictures.