Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-20-2015, 03:46 AM
LawnSite Member

Purchased 2015 Case TR270 will post pictures and reviews

I'm not a lawnsite regular by any means, but I wanted to post about my brother and I purchasing a Case TR270 compact track loader this past Friday for our landscaping business. Since 2013, we've transitioned to almost 50-50 in lawns-landscape percentage of gross sales. Four to six years ago we were 80% maintenance, but have gradually gained more and more presence locally doing install jobs.

After renting various Bobcats and skid steers last year, we finally made the decision to purchase a compact track loader this April to build equity in our own equipment rather than renting. We looked at/tested Kubota, Cat, Takeuchi, John Deere, and Case.

The machine is being delivered tomorrow, I'll post more pictures and info on it this week after receiving it....
Attached Images

Old 04-20-2015, 07:02 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Nice looking machine. Care to give a short breakdown on each brand and what you thought of them and why you decided with CASE? We don't really have a close Case dealer by us.

No cab?
Old 04-20-2015, 07:12 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Congrats. X2, how did you land on case? Did you demo a tl8?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-20-2015, 10:18 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I thought the newest version of the 270 had been increased to a 310. Yours might be prior to the ROC change. I have TR320 and a 2014 SV300. I like them both. The TR320 was an early 2012 and had some EH issues with the handles. Since that was covered under warranty it has been good to go. My 300 has been flawless since I got it. Your 270 is DOC only so no regen or DEF to worry about.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 04-20-2015, 09:34 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProTouch Groundscapes View Post
Nice looking machine. Care to give a short breakdown on each brand and what you thought of them and why you decided with CASE? We don't really have a close Case dealer by us.

No cab?

Thanks ProTouch! We were first interested in buying the Kubota SVL-75, but after several red flags we unfortunately ruled out the 'bota. I had two people tell me that the local Kubota dealership mechanics didn't know a Kubota ZTR to a skid loader. Between financing problems and the lack of a good service dept we ruled them out.

Next, we demoed a CAT 259B- its a great built machine. One thing, that wasn't so great with the CAT was the sight or view out of the back of the machine. Also, as everyone knows CAT is really proud of their equipment, thus the price was a nay.

Finally, before buying the Case machine we demoed the Deere 323e. We loved the John Deere compact track loaders, great visibility, best power and bucket force in the 75 hp range across the board too. Basically, we didn't get the Deere because of financing issues, they wanted a lot down and only short-term 36-month and 48-month loan periods.

Glad we choose the Case, I believe for the money this machine will serve us well!

We ride Hustlers and stand on Exmarks.
Stihl and Redmax Handhelds
Husqvarna Chainsaws
Old 04-20-2015, 09:45 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alldayrj View Post
Congrats. X2, how did you land on case? Did you demo a tl8?
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks, we rented this same model Case several weeks throughout last year doing larger sod and install jobs so we were familiar with this particular one. We looked hard at the John Deere 323e, but Deere financial wanted a larger portion down with a short-term loan so we steered away to avoid the higher payments.

No, we didn't demo the TL8. We were in contact through email and phone with the Tak dealer, but the closet service tech locations is about 1.5 hrs away and the Tak Stearns financial wanted a staggering 12.9% interest on 60-months for financing so that scared us away again!

Case approved us for 6.75 % interest rate on 60-months, plus through in a rebate to get the price down to a cash purchase so we pulled the trigger with them.

Husqvarna Chainsaws
Old 04-20-2015, 09:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Not sure but 3 and 4 yr terms are normal. I have never seen anything over a 5 yr term. We just a 35d last fall, 0% for 48, no money down. I may look at other Deere dealers
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-20-2015, 09:53 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksss View Post
I thought the newest version of the 270 had been increased to a 310. Yours might be prior to the ROC change. I have TR320 and a 2014 SV300. I like them both. The TR320 was an early 2012 and had some EH issues with the handles. Since that was covered under warranty it has been good to go. My 300 has been flawless since I got it. Your 270 is DOC only so no regen or DEF to worry about.
I like to hear the good history stories with the Cases!

I'm not totally sure about the TR270 to TR310 change...we decided to purchased the Case after renting one most of last year. We dabbled using Bobcat brand some, but decided on the Case because of all the incentives plus good financing rates they offered us.

I hope this machine lasts us a long time! How many years or hours do you expect to keep your Case machines?

Husqvarna Chainsaws
Old 04-21-2015, 12:09 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

It depends on what changes they make and how much money I make. Prior to the crash I was rotating machines as quickly as every year. My 465 that I traded in on the SV300, I bought in 07, one of the longest stays I have had a machine. I have kept some machines to 3K hours, just depends. The 465 still had a lot of life and seldom had issues, but after running the TR320, nobody really wanted to spend time in the 465, including me. So I bought an SV300, I really like running that machine. It has the big tires, it is an absolute horse and loads trucks like champ. I don't plan on trading my TR320 off until CASE releases the next generation of the Alpha series in 2017.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 04-22-2015, 09:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

There's no such thing as zero % or low intrest. You pay for it somewhere in the price. And my oldest Taki 240 hasn't returned to the dealer yet in fours years while my 332 visited on a mostly basis.
Some are good and some are bad but the 240 is always the first to leave the yard.