Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-15-2012, 12:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Time to go to the next step and price a kit and see if I want to take a shot at mulching. Decisions, decisions...[/QUOTE]

I think you have the same deck that I have on the turf tracer the ultracut series 4. If you get a quote, can you let me know so I have an idea. I would quess some where between $300-400.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:34 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

As long as you're not cutting long wet or juicy grass the mulch kit works great. If you've got mostly weekly accounts and generally don't cut wet grass anyway, it works pretty well for most of the year, as long as your machine is well powered. The 17HP on my Tracer wasn't really enough but the 23 Kawi on my 52 inch Lazer was enough. I think it handled mulching better than it handles the Ultravac actually. As far as fall goes, it mulches pretty darn well with the wavy mulchers, within limits...don't expect anything magical, lol. You can put Gators on but you'll get blowout. There's not much blowout with the wavy mulchers, a little though.

Here's a link to a thread I started a long time ago mulching leaves with my kit on. I took photos after 1 pass and 2 passes and then pushed the limits of what it could do. It was in response to someone who had started a thread "mulching, no way!" or something like that. http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...light=mulching
Old 11-15-2012, 06:44 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Might find this thread I started useful too. Just so you know, I put this one up for fun but it turned into a discussion on mulching. I was actually bagging the lawn but ground up the leaves first. As a spoof I posted pictures of it in progress. http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...light=mulching
Old 11-15-2012, 10:05 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks,

I have seen that second thread before, that you posted. However I have never seen the 1st one. I will take a look at it and see what everyone thought.