Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-09-2012, 02:41 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

New track loader questions

Im looking to buy a new track loader/skidsteer in the next 2 weeks. I am in the hurricane Sandy zone and don't have a lot of time as these machines are selling like never before. I rented a Bobcat T750 with grapple and thought the amount of power was about right. This will be for logging/sod pallets/soil/snow removal. My choices are Cat 289c/Tack tl10 /Bobcat t750...price irrelevant...all good dealer support. The machine will be used on an estate and therefore will not be trailored or stored outside. I have used cats and bobcats in the past and found the cats to be really nice/smooth/hand controls, but light in the ass for heavy pallet work and the bobcats to be fairly crude/noisy/vibrate, but ass heavy so great for heavy lifting. My friends all say Tach because the hydraulics are stronger/more powerful compared to similar sized machines machines. Im sure this has been covered in the past, but I really dont have the time as I am up against a wall here and machines are moving crazy fast. Any brief help would be much appreciated. Ps..if your in my area and plan on doing landscape restoration....enjoy the next few years my friends and decide early on the rate at which you want to grow...first movers will kill it..until everyone else jumps in. Thanks for any help guys.
Old 11-09-2012, 02:45 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Are you in jersey?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-09-2012, 04:01 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I vote for Takeuchi, you sure pay extra for Cat and Bobcat cabs and refinement, but no one else has a massive cab like Takeuchi.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-09-2012, 04:58 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alldayrj View Post
Are you in jersey?
Posted via Mobile Device
no...im in eastern nassau...most of my career and life is/was toms river/ortley.
Old 11-09-2012, 05:00 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post
I vote for Takeuchi, you sure pay extra for Cat and Bobcat cabs and refinement, but no one else has a massive cab like Takeuchi.
Posted via Mobile Device
does this mean that the tak cab is unrefined? lacks features?
Old 11-09-2012, 05:05 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I have just about a year on a CASE TR320. I am very happy with it. You might want to give one a try. Big power, very comfortable cab, and class leading bucket breakout.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 11-09-2012, 05:21 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdlwn1 View Post
no...im in eastern nassau...most of my career and life is/was toms river/ortley.
Ok I'm based out of farmingdale. The only experience i have is with all island equip and they just wanted to sell me a machine and get me the hell out of there. No follow up service. Let me know if you need help in the mean time. I have 2 skid steers
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-09-2012, 06:13 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alldayrj View Post
Ok I'm based out of farmingdale. The only experience i have is with all island equip and they just wanted to sell me a machine and get me the hell out of there. No follow up service. Let me know if you need help in the mean time. I have 2 skid steers
Posted via Mobile Device
To be honest..I really want to limit the variables of a property this size and just purchase something, however pm me your number and maybe we can find some common ground.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:29 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdlwn1 View Post
does this mean that the tak cab is unrefined? lacks features?
If you are in and out of the cab a million times or more a day, you will love it, but if you want to treat your cab as your fortress of solitude, then Cat and Bobcat are for you.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-09-2012, 08:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I say pay the extra couple grand for a T770 with 2 speed if price isn't an issue

We have a T770 loaded with pilot controls and 2 speed and a T750 without the 2 speed. I use it all the time and its awesome for plowing. Also pick up cubes of keystone, 5k pound boulders, chilton pallets, pavers etc without issue on both machines. The T770 just does it faster.

I would say give Case a shot too but I hated the TV380 I demoed. Cab doesn't seem as well thought out as the Cat or Bobcat and I really like my roller suspension in our Bobcats. Like you said the 289C with torsion suspension felt light out back and I just wasn't impressed. Standard bucket is awful unless you like to grade and never carry any type of material.

Enjoy loading dump trucks with the T770 too. Super quick cycling and I have no issues with reach even with guys cheater boards. Full buckets of sand all the way up and machine never feels tippy.

Closing in on 700 hrs and got the machine June of 2011.

This is coming from someone that used to be all about the Power Tan. Now its more whatever performs best and Korean Orange and White are winning from what I can see.