Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 11-15-2012, 08:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 seasons lawn&land View Post
what do you suggest then. Steal their dog for ransom? What can I do? I'll just bring him to court. I just told the guy Id be there for my money tomorrow.
This is all you can do. If he refuses you can take him to court, but you will have to pay the filing fees and then there is no guarantee if you win you will get your money. The judge isn't going to garnish their wages to pay for lawn services.

You probably should have never let your accounts receivable get to the point where you couldn't afford to lose it. You should have stopped service long before that point.

We aren't members of the mafia. You aren't going to go over there and break his legs to get your money. Some guys on this site like to talk a big game about what they would do and how they handle customers. If they really did act that way they wouldn't be in business; they would be in jail. I would like to buy those guys for what they are worth and sell them for what they think they are worth. I would never have to work again.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:03 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

how much do they owe you? If it's enough they wouldn't hear from me, they would hear from my attorney or a collection agency.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:03 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Here is one that someone from this site was nice enough to share with me a few years ago. I have had to use it a few times and had great results after sending. Hope it helps.

[Enter Date Here]
Customer's Name
Customers Address
Customers City State And Zip
This letter will serve as formal notice to you that you are in default of your obligation to repay the
sum of . The service was provided to you on (List Service Dates Here) (Reference Invoice #’s
Here)
This amount has been overdue since (Put Date Here) and you have failed to repay the same
despite repeated requests for payment by (Company Name Here) LLC
Unless payment of the above amount is received by us in full within ten (15) days of the date of
this letter, we will have no alternative but to exercise whatever rights and remedies we have
under the law to enforce such payment, including but not limited to institution of legal proceedings
against you to recover the above amount, together with accrued interest and legal expenses. Let
it be known that a police report is on file for theft of services for the above matter.
Kindly govern yourself accordingly.
Yours truly,

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 11-15-2012, 10:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landscape Poet View Post
Here is one that someone from this site was nice enough to share with me a few years ago. I have had to use it a few times and had great results after sending. Hope it helps.

[Enter Date Here]
Customer's Name
Customers Address
Customers City State And Zip
This letter will serve as formal notice to you that you are in default of your obligation to repay the
sum of . The service was provided to you on (List Service Dates Here) (Reference Invoice #ís
Here)
This amount has been overdue since (Put Date Here) and you have failed to repay the same
despite repeated requests for payment by (Company Name Here) LLC
Unless payment of the above amount is received by us in full within ten (15) days of the date of
this letter, we will have no alternative but to exercise whatever rights and remedies we have
under the law to enforce such payment, including but not limited to institution of legal proceedings
against you to recover the above amount, together with accrued interest and legal expenses. Let
it be known that a police report is on file for theft of services for the above matter.
Kindly govern yourself accordingly.
Yours truly,
Looks firmilliar....

I was going to say I posted a thread with one of these a while back. I see someone found it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-16-2012, 01:16 AM
LawnSite Member

Just unleash a giant bag of plastic peanuts on the lawn! works every time.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:56 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I can't believe you have to ask strangers on a open forum how to get your money from doing a job! (beating the crap out of the smiley face with a BFH!
Old 11-16-2012, 12:34 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

If you really want to get their attention, let www.olddebts.com send them a collection letter. They will send it legally, from a real collection agency. You can even have olddebts put it on their credit record. Don't forget to include the fees you pay to olddebts.com as part of the bill.

Old 11-17-2012, 01:13 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Put on the back of your trucks:
Customer:
Name left out
12345 Rodeo dr
Yourtown USA
owes my company $XXX.XX and will not pay us.

I would NOT include the customers name. I recently saw on one of those portable business billboards in front of a local business and the sign said:
Bad checks from
_____ ______ (name, was a female)
__________ (local town)
Old 11-17-2012, 06:42 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landscape Poet View Post
within ten (15) days
I Lolled ...
Old 11-17-2012, 07:37 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by herler View Post
Hi,

I have decided that since you're never going to pay me anyhow that you should go ahead and keep your stinking money and please congratulate yourself thoroughly on your callousness and wit for screwing over the lowly lawnguy, that was really sweet of you, it takes a special kind of a person to do those things so I hope you can manage to live it up with the small change and don't mind but in return for such great favor I have blacklisted your name.

Have a nice day!
My vote is for this one.^^^^^^
I rewrote one sent to me one time. It didn't work for me but worked on them and I got my money.
All Echo hand helds
<- That's how I feel at the end of the day.