Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center



Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #21  
Old 11-18-2012, 12:43 PM
Weekend cut easymoney Weekend cut easymoney is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Texas-The Hilly part
Posts: 3,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCLawn and more View Post
Now if you had more than 50 employees couldn't you just start another company doing the same thing and spit the employees? Or start multiple temp services of 50 employees to staff your company?
Posted via Mobile Device
The IRS would be on you like white on rice...
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 11-18-2012, 12:47 PM
JCLawn and more's Avatar
JCLawn and more JCLawn and more is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: MI
Posts: 5,062
How? Its legal. Especially if you incorperate because your just an employee yourself and I can't be a ceo of 3 companies? Kinda like a steel fabricating company I know also has a leasing company and leases all his vehicles to his company for tax reasons.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 11-18-2012, 12:48 PM
Weekend cut easymoney Weekend cut easymoney is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Texas-The Hilly part
Posts: 3,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duekster View Post
You and I likely should sit down and chat at some point in time.

Here is the best thing I have found so far

http://www.familiesusa.org/assets/pd...ax-Credits.pdf
That would be good to collaborate..er compare notes rather..
I am looking at changing my CPA and discussing all this... one CPA said I needed to personally buy equipment and rent it to the company.. dunno though


Some good info in here. Some things we have not even discussed yet.

I will need to read it two or three times. It sounds like we could just make a payment to the employee as a Voucher and they buy the insurance on an exchange then get a tax credit.

Not sure if we get a tax credit or deduction for the voucher to help transition.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 11-18-2012, 12:54 PM
Weekend cut easymoney Weekend cut easymoney is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Texas-The Hilly part
Posts: 3,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCLawn and more View Post
How? Its legal. Especially if you incorperate because your just an employee yourself and I can't be a ceo of 3 companies? Kinda like a steel fabricating company I know also has a leasing company and leases all his vehicles to his company for tax reasons.
Posted via Mobile Device
So is paying people like contractors, but the IRS doesn't like to see companies do it and make it a point of sending notices and asking
For documatiom
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 11-18-2012, 12:56 PM
Weekend cut easymoney Weekend cut easymoney is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Texas-The Hilly part
Posts: 3,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duekster View Post
You and I likely should sit down and chat at some point in time.

Here is the best thing I have found so far

http://www.familiesusa.org/assets/pd...ax-Credits.pdf


Some good info in here. Some things we have not even discussed yet.

I will need to read it two or three times. It sounds like we could just make a payment to the employee as a Voucher and they buy the insurance on an exchange then get a tax credit.

Not sure if we get a tax credit or deduction for the voucher to help transition.
That would be good to discuss...I am looking at changing my CPA ...
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 11-18-2012, 01:00 PM
JCLawn and more's Avatar
JCLawn and more JCLawn and more is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: MI
Posts: 5,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend cut easymoney View Post
So is paying people like contractors, but the IRS doesn't like to see companies do it and make it a point of sending notices and asking
For documatiom
Posted via Mobile Device
Just cross your t's and dot your I's. I could see true green becoming true green group and each local true green becoming like true green detroit or something. Every one of them would be their own company which is owned by a large one. I work for a company that works like that.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 11-18-2012, 01:10 PM
Duekster Duekster is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 7,971
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCLawn and more View Post
Just cross your t's and dot your I's. I could see true green becoming true green group and each local true green becoming like true green detroit or something. Every one of them would be their own company which is owned by a large one. I work for a company that works like that.
Posted via Mobile Device
Somewhere in my reading I think I saw where the PPACA addressed that senerio already. I will see if I can find it again.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 11-18-2012, 01:12 PM
JCLawn and more's Avatar
JCLawn and more JCLawn and more is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: MI
Posts: 5,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duekster View Post
Somewhere in my reading I think I saw where the PPACA addressed that senerio already. I will see if I can find it again.
Or they could franchise.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 11-18-2012, 01:20 PM
Duekster Duekster is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 7,971
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCLawn and more View Post
Or they could franchise.
Posted via Mobile Device
That would take a while but I do think that would be an option. This is one chance for us little guys to be more nimble in adjusting.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 11-18-2012, 02:21 PM
seabee24 seabee24 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 619
Don't take this the wrong way, I'm not exactly for Obama care....but. Consider this.

A lot of "mid sized " and large Lawncare companies get these huge advantages over the smaller companies. They get buying discounts for buying large qty. it's some times not even funny the price breaks they get. Then they get to factor other things like only needing 1 bed edger to support 8 crews. I have 1 for 2 crews. As a result they can bring down their cost to operate.

Well the joke is on them. In this case the small companies may get the advantage getting tax breaks, or at least not having to deal with the Obama care and no penalty.

They may have to actually raise prices to afford it.

This could actually work in our favor
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:31 AM.

Page generated in 0.07203 seconds with 7 queries