Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 11-20-2012, 02:59 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Year to Get Organized

This year I've tried to get organized and not work out of forty boxes. Added a ladder rack to free up space in the trailer as well.

I forgot to bring some bee spray today. Nothing more fun then being on a ladder holding a heavy 5' wreath with a wasps next no more then 2' from my head. It took me two try's to get the balls to stare down the wasps but I did it.
Attached Images

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Accreditations & Memberships- BBB, TNLA, TPCL 611373, & Class 1 Nurserymen.

Market Niche- High end residential.

-http://plantscapesolutions.net/
Old 12-01-2012, 09:11 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Went to Home Depot to get more masonry drill bits and ended up buying a new Milwaukee 18 volts hammer drill for $300. This thing will drill holes for larger 1/4" inserts in 5 seconds. It will likely extend the life of bits as well because they will not get nearly as hot now.

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Old 12-08-2012, 09:35 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Nice...getting organized in the truck is something we have to work on..it's a mess..but better then it was last year..I want to build some sort of cart that you can bring out with everything you need and roll it when your done...or something..
Old 12-08-2012, 12:09 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimNNJ View Post
Nice...getting organized in the truck is something we have to work on..it's a mess..but better then it was last year..I want to build some sort of cart that you can bring out with everything you need and roll it when your done...or something..
The tool bins you see were from Home Depot. They had wheels and a pull out handle. They were $80 each. I also bought the ladder rack, new 40' ladder, 18 volt hammer drill (5 seconds to drill masonry holes), tools belts, and a few other odds and ends. I spent over $1000 on stuff to be better prepared this year.

The giant zip lock bags from Uline are a must. I use them for extension cords, 3 way plugs, different bulbs, jumper cables, and anything else that needs to be kept organized. You can throw all your stuff in the tool bins I use very quickly and get it back out again without having to search for stuff in an unorganized messy mound.

Old 12-08-2012, 12:17 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

The enclosed trailer the one item that is really a must. If there is a chance of rain you can still roll out for the day. With an open trailer all it takes is one rain shower on all your boxes and you have big problems. My trailer is an Pace 16' with the extra wide design. Don't ever buy a trailer where you can see the wheels sticking out past the trailer sides. You want the fenderettes wide format trailers.

Old 12-08-2012, 01:59 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I dont do seasonal lighting but since we are on the subject of organizing ill chime in. Im doing this on all my trailers, shop, etc... Taking the well needed time to organize everything to make the upcoming year in landscape/irrigation and machine work a lil easier.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-08-2012, 02:09 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrayzKajun View Post
I dont do seasonal lighting but since we are on the subject of organizing ill chime in. Im doing this on all my trailers, shop, etc... Taking the well needed time to organize everything to make the upcoming year in landscape/irrigation and machine work a lil easier.
Posted via Mobile Device
You need to get on board with the holiday lighting thing. You can handle it and it's a good slow season money maker.

Old 12-08-2012, 02:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Nice..I have a 15' isuzu box truck we use for maintenance/Christmas lighting ..I love the thing..everything loads right in...easy to drive..i'm looking forward to buying another when the time comes...plus it is a great billboard